Catching Up to the Present

"Scott, I missed you so much." You cried embracing him tightly.

"I missed you too." He replied quietly and let out a weak chuckle.

You continued to embrace him. It felt like it was long overdue. Eight years seemed like eternity without him...you were just glad you finally found him. However the moment was ruined when you heard Felix clear his throat.

"Um yeah sorry to ruin the moment but, what exactly is happening here?" He said and you broke away from the hug and stood next to Scott.

"Oh um right...Felix, this is Scott, Scott this is Felix." You say and you could tell since you hugged him that Felix wasn't exactly going to play nice. "Um Scott was my best friend when we were in training. We met when we were four and yeah...we've been best friends ever since."

"Uh huh...so let me get this straight. You're friends right?" Felix asked stepping closer to you.

"Well...yeah." You say and they both give you a suspicious look. "Oh and Scott, Felix and I met a couple years ago. He's the one who's been looking out for me."

You turned to Felix and looked at him, cracking a light smile while he slipped his arm around your waist.

"Well this is awkward." Tucker stated and you rolled your eyes along with Wash and Carolina.

"Tucker!" Wash and Carolina both scolded in unison while he shrugged.

"What? Just sayin." He mumbled and Scott shuckled.

"Alright well we won't cuff ya. Um do you guys have a place to stay?" He asked and Carolina folded her arms.

"No not really." She said and Scott nodded, looking down, you could tell he was thinking.

"Well...if you guys want, we have extra room back at base. You could stay here if you want." He suggested and your face lit up.

"Really?" You ask and he chuckled.

"Yeah, it'd be nice to have some newbies. Not a lot of people visit us." He said and you chuckled too.

"Okay sweet! Carolina?" You ask for her permission and she shrugs.

"Sounds good to me." She simply said and you smiled.

"Yay!" You squeaked and turned to Scott. "It'll be nice to get to know you again."

He looked down, knowing that you were really excited to see him. He would act the same as you but, you knew he had to act "cool" in front of his men.

"Likewise."

***

Scott led you and everyone back to base which turned out to be the only skyscraper that hadn't been snapped in half. It was the tallest out of all of the buildings in the city, and now that it was dark out, it was also the brightest.

Once you entered, everyone looked at you. In fact, there wasn't one person in the room that wouldn't. At first felt kind of awkward, and it got even worse once the guys started cat calling...

"Alright boys, calm down." Scott said and everyone laughed but they did eventually shut up. "Everyone, this is (Y/N), and these guys with her are her friends. They're going to be staying with us for a while so I expect everyone to be nice to them. Got it?"

There was a few mumbles but overall everyone understood.Scott then turned to you and the group to explain a few things.

"So go ahead and make yourselves at home. You can sleep anywhere except for the first floor, there's about six bathrooms on each floor except for the first floor, aaand the kitchen and dining area is on floor seven. Oh and if you need me, my quarters are on the thirteenth floor but other than that...just have fun."