CHAPTER 04 - Can She Hear Me? -

--

She seemed sulking on the room’s corner, reciting words repeatedly. Yes, rehearsing lines like she’ll be on a play.

“… but I may sound weird! Argh!” She grunts. And she continued mumbling phrases. With no confidence at what she’s practicing so far, a heavy sigh resonates through the room. “But I want us to have a picture wearing these wedding dresses.” She pouted.

“Kojima-san… You’re up next… Please be ready.”

“Mou…” She prepared herself and walks near the platform. Her eyes started to wander in search for the short girl. Scanning the whole room like a high-tech security camera, a girl sitting on the opposite side of the room was spotted, still doing her make-up. “I can’t be wrong… that’s definitely her.”

“Kojima-san, it’s time for your solo shots.”

Posing with grace and elegance as always, the shutters was flashed from the camera. As her eyes accidentally glanced on Yuko’s direction, her look was nailed on that position. “I want to have a wedding picture with you…” Her eyes gaze onto Yuko more intensely , her radiating a very passionate and happy aura.

“Wonderful, Kojima-san! Stay focused!” *click * *click* “Good!!”

Her photoshoot ended like that, with her keeping a constant fierce look on Yuko. It was then Yuko’s turn for her solo-shots and Haruna was standing just beside the photographer.

--

++[Haruna’s POV]++

Yuuchan~! Kawaii~! Kawaii~~” But even though I’m so close to this photographer, our eyes haven’t met yet. Is she really already over me now? Sigh.

“Ok! Kojima-san, please join Oshima-san over there.” The photographer just called me over pointing his fingers to Yuuchan. And so, I stepped closer to her.

There goes her smile again, giving me bliss but at the same time makes me feel sad.

“Ok! You two just be yourselves and show the world what a happy couple you two are!” He instructed. But... As much as I don’t want to admit it, we’re not a happy couple anymore. Have we really been a couple?

“Ano,… can I come closer? Yuko?” I whispered onto her right ear as we posed for the camera.

“Hai.” I saw her blush a little. I rested my chin over her shoulder with my cheek touching her neck. “I miss how you do this to me, Yuuchan…” I closed my eyes and kissed her cheeks. “And this too…” I hugged her small frame tightly and stick my head onto hers. “I love the way you hugged me…” She smiled at the camera as I come closer to her.

“Ok! Let’s do the full body shots. Stay close you two!” The photographer shouted.

I hold her hands and intertwined our fingers as my eyes met hers for the first time. “Yuuchan, daisuki…” I can only tell her this on my thoughts. She posed with another smile. But this time, her eyes are also smiling. Has my thoughts reached her? I’m so happy. “Promise you’ll stay with me until the end…” I pulled her hands near my chest. She seemed flustered about it but I don’t care. I don’t care at all. I placed her hands on my shoulders without letting go of her eyes from my stare. My hands traveled slowly on her slender back and pulled her closer to me. I’m happy that she doesn’t mind at all.

The photographer just continued clicking his capture button. I don’t know if he’s still giving us instructions but my mind and body is too focused on Yuuchan. It’s like everything that I’m doing doesn’t go through my head at all. My body is just moving on its own. Slowly my forehead met hers as I gaze into her eyes. Almost an inch away from a kiss, her eyes suddenly curved sadly. “Yuuchan???"

“Good Take!! Arigatou!” the photographer shouted. “Let’s see if we can get this published. You two sure is close~” Looks like we’re done.

My hands moved instinctively to hold Yuuchan’s face, stopping her head to be separated from mine. I sport a big smile. “Let’s take a picture!” I finally was able to ask her.

“Eh?” She seemed surprised. I released her face from my hands which also separates our heads. “Didn’t we just have a photoshoot together?” her, questioning me with a smile.

“I… I… I…” Oh shoot~! I’m stuttering. “I want to have one taken for myself.” What the hell did I just say? “I mean, I want us to have a picture together on my phone.” Do I sound so pushy? Argh! My practicing has gone to waste!

She giggled and pinched my face. Oh! I missed this. “Anything for you~ “ she smiled.

--

“Hmmm… Nyaro… Yuko…” She uttered.

Mariko just checked on Haruna’s twitter account. Actually, she really is happy to see the wedding picture that her friend just tweeted but she can’t seem to bring a smile on her face. She closed her phone and let out a deep sigh instead. “You two can’t fool me with your smile.” She murmured while looking away.

--

-

.