CHAPTER 06 - We're Finally Moving Forward -

--

“Arigatou Sayaka…” Yuko mumbled while changing her clothes for the bikini shoot of Playboy Magazine. “No more holding back now.”

Haruna who’s been dozing off seated on the corner of the studio was already on her bikini. Yuko slowly approached her from the back and put her arms around the girls’ neck. “It’s been so long… NyanNyan…” she uttered as her head touches Haruna’s.

Caught by surprise, the tall girl who just heard Yuko calling her with her nickname froze in shock. Hint of tears from overwhelming happiness can be seen on her eyes but she managed to keep it in. She holds Yuko’s tangled hands on her neck and whispered, “Hai~ it really has been a while… Yuuchan…”

A moment of silence engulfed both lads as they fill their hearts with warmth from each other. Tangled together with so much feeling of longing and relief, they seem to have entered their own world once more, a world where only both of their hearts unite. All the words that must be said reached each other with just the warmth from one another’s touching skin.

“Hey, you two!! Quit getting all lovey-dovey this early.” One of the assistants called their attention, grinning. “It’s time to put all those feelings on print!” He projects a big wide smile.

--

The shoot ended with success. Both the staff and the girls seem to enjoy working.

“Do you think something good happened? To the KojiYuu couple I mean.” the staff asked the others as they walk outside of the studio.

“Yeah. They feel so different from the other day. They went from being too close to intimate… too intimate if I may say. Really!” the others agree in response.

“I know right! They looked like couples who hadn’t been together for years. You can feel them wanting to eat each other out!” all of them started laughing.

“Well, they just get married, so let’s treat this as their honeymoon!” One of the staffs joked.

“Haha.. but honestly, their pictures will definitely go through a very rigid selection process this time~”

--

“Ah~ Yuuchan… can we… stop here a little…” Haruna stuttered voicing out as her hand grabs Yuko’s shoulders. She smiled waiting for Yuko’s reply.

“NyanNyan?” the short girl answered, tilting her head to the left while pouting. “We’re almost at the restaurant. Are you not hungry?”

Haruna grinned uncomfortably. Sweat is starting to surface on her bangs covered forehead. “Ah.. a.. I am..” She smiled desperately.

“Daijoubu? You’re sweating.” You can hear her voice overflowing with concern as she saw her beloved’s desperate smile. “I guess the shoot was too tiring for you… and this long walk too… I’m sorry… I can’t carry you with this body… NyanNyan…” Yuko sighed, with an aura of sadness enveloping her.

“Yuuchan, baka~!” Haruna teased as she pats Yuko’s head. “I’m just tired. C’mon~ I’ve already had my rest from this little talk we had. I’m now ready for some of your treat!!” she smiled punching her fist in the air while looking at Yuko.

--

“Arigatou… m(_ _)m” She smiled and closed her phone.

“What are you smiling at?” Sae grunts as she noticed Sayaka smiling after reading her mail. Currently, the two are dining together in a restaurant away from the city.

“Nothing… I’m just happy for the squirrel for successfully escaping out of the cage she built herself.” Sayaka answered with her don’t-think-about-it look. She grabbed her fork and continued eating.

“Hmm! I see~” the ikemen idol just nodded in return. “You guys will then have less of a worry now then.” She continued.

“Not for me though…” Sayaka disagreed. She let her fork rest on the table again and stay quiet for a second. Sae can’t help to look down as well.

Sae Miyazawa is also a member of the group AKB48 until Atsuko Maeda’s graduation. She has been part of the group together with Sayaka. Because of their height, which is comparably taller among the team members, and roles in Team K, Akimoto and Miyazawa are frequently referred to as twin towers of the team. Over the years, they developed a mutual understanding of one another making them one hell of a pair in the group.

--

++[Sae’s POV]++

“Promise me you’ll come see me again when you get back, Sae.” Sayaka hold my hand. I can feel its warmth over my now cold hands. “No matter how busy you’ll be, please, somehow make time to meet me…” She continued in a very soft loving voice.

“Of course!” I answered back cheerfully. Leaving my partner behind became the toughest part of my decision to be transferred to Shanghai after all. But, to be able for us to grow, we must both learn to sacrifice for our dreams. And I know she knows it as well. “But make sure you’ll do your best and move forward too!”

She just gave my hand a tight squeeze and released it after to continue eating. She might be thinking of graduating soon. “I just want to make sure that you still feel the same way after we part.” She looked at me with a smile. “We still have to meet Santa in Finland right? I don’t want to see him by myself. Remember that!”

“You’re still as reserved as ever.” I replied back knowing exactly what she means.

The night breeze sure is cold but our hearts are warm. Staring at this same sky, no matter how far we’ll be apart, I know we’ll always be together. “Sayaka…

--

-

.