CHAPTER 26 - Chasing -

--

++[Yuko’s POV]++

----- FLASH BACK -----

“Are you still… mad at me?”

I didn’t answer the question as I watch her catch her breath. My heart is totally in pain that I can’t utter a word.

“That’s… that’s… for the best… I think…” she murmured in between gasps. “Oh… and hold on… to your… dreams…” *cries* “You promised me… right?”

“NyanNyan.. save your energy. The doctor is coming…” I replied as I tried to hold in my tears. I have to be strong.

“Yuuchan… don’t swim on… the… Seine River… during… winter… for… the key…” she held my hand tightly as she battles with the pain.

“Don’t talk like that! Stop it…”

“J-just…~arghhh..” *cries* “…break the lock… with… a hammer…” she smiled gasping and crying.

“Stop joking non-sense… please…”

“I’m… not…” *cries in pain* “I love you…” *sobs* “I will… wait…” *gasps* “I will wait… for you…”

“Stop it… NyanNyan… j-just hold on…”

“I can… wait.~argh~” *cries* “J-just take… your time…” she breathes fast heavily, catching for air as she pressured her head with her palms. Her eyes are brimming with tears of pain. “Have a family… it’s… okay…”

I can only hug her within my arms as we waited for the doctor to arrive. Seeing her like this is too painful for me.

“If you… happen to… love someone else…”

“Stop it…Please…” I can’t hold it any longer, my tears.

“It’s okay… I can… understand…” she murmured in between cries. “Yuuchan…” *sniffs* “Yuuchan… I love you…” *sniffs* “I love you… so much…”

--- END OF FLASH BACK ---

Those were the last words I heard from her. Her continuous cry of how much she loves me in between her battle with pain still lingers freshly into my memory. She didn’t make it. She left me that same day. It was almost ten years ago but, each and everyday makes me feel like it was just yesterday.

“Yuko… how are you feeling?” Takamina asked seriously.

“I feel great, actually.” I replied.

I announced my graduation three months after AKB announced NyanNyan’s death and pursued acting. All was heart broken, but the group still managed to keep it together. The younger members took over the group successfully with the help of Takamina guiding them from behind the year after Mariko left the group. I went after my dreams too, to fulfill my promise to her, and also for myself. I did it for both of us.

The past ten years seems so short but my heart feels it is too long. A lot has happened. I managed to land on great roles and became one of Japan’s most sought actresses. Takamina and Miichan graduated together two years after I left.

“So how about going out after my concert?” Takamina said excitedly.

“Oh sure.” And we went silent for a little while.

Takamina and I remained connected as Acchan and I was constantly working together. She became one of the easiest person to talk to as she was got a free time. Being a solo singer sure has lots of free time than that of us actresses huh?