CHAPTER 19 - Bonjour Paris -

--

Her eyes slowly opened as the rays of the rising sun meets those lids that cover it. A soft but comfortable pillow is within her arms bearing the same smell as her beloved. Her embrace tightened pressing the pillow further. A pout exhibits on her face.

“Mou~ NyanNyan tricked me~” She whispered softly.

Lazily dragging herself out from bed, with the pillow still held tightly on her right arm, and the other busily brushing her eyes, she met the bathroom door.

“Itai~” She mumbled as her forehead bumped on the wooden door. “Why is this locked?” She whispered to herself. “NyanNyan? You there?” she called out.

No answer was heard which makes Yuko pout more, now accompanied by a frown. Her eyes wander throughout the room, scanning for Haruna.

“Geez~ where the hell did that girl went?”

She occupied the nearest couch and snuggled her pillow and took a deep breath. Soon enough, the short girl moved to the nearest window and gaze at the beautiful scenery outside the room.

“Beautiful~~” She murmured in amusement seeing the blooming flowers that pops out of the green lawn.

All of a sudden, her sight turns dark and felt a palm covering her eyes. She let out a deep sigh and frowned.

“Ara~ why is my Yuuchan frowning this early?” Haruna questioned with a cheerful tone as she transferred her palms from Yuko’s eyes to entwine against the young girl’s shoulders.

“I’m… mad at you for leaving me.”

“Eh? I didn’t.”

“Then where were you when I called out?” Yuko questioned in a soft tone.

“I’m washing my face at the bathroom.”

“Liar~”

“Yuuchan?”

“I called you out. I even knocked. You’re not there.”

“But I’m there~ See, my face is still half damp.” She reasoned out, loosening her embrace on Yuko to face her.

“Liar~ Why do you even have to lock it if you’re just going to wash your face?”

“Ehhh? You’re really mad at me huh?” Haruna said with a pout. “I’m sorry.”

“You’re not! When I slept last night, you’re inside the bathroom. When I woke up, you’re still there. It feels like you want to be alone by yourself than to be with me. Why in the first pla-“

“Sorry. I said I’m sorry.” Haruna interrupted Yuko with these words and warm tight embrace. “Please don’t be mad. I’m sorry.”

Yuko let out another sigh. “And you let me sleep with a pillow too…”

“Eh? I was sleeping beside you last night, Yuuchan.”

“NyanNyan’s a liar. You didn’t.”

“Oh c’mon Yuuchan. You were sleeping soundly. You didn’t even notice that you’re suffocating me with your embrace last night, and I endured it.”

“Liar! I was hugging a pillow since last night until this morning! You were never there!” Yuko break off of Haruna’s embrace and walk towards the room.

Haruna was left staring at the open window. Her bangs cover half of her eyes with held back tears. Breathing-in helps calm her now raging heartbeat, sorting thoughts on how to make the other girl believe the truth. Suddenly, she felt an arm wrapping gently on her waist allowing her held back tears to flow down.

“I’m sorry… I…” Yuko murmured as she rests her head on the tall girl’s back.

“Yuuchan, I’m sorry… I really am…”

“No… It’s my fault. I got… carried away.” She reasoned out.

She felt Haruna breathe in, suggesting a hold back of her crying.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that… the atmosphere feels like a movie and the dialogue suddenly plays on my head. You know.” Yuko joked. “I just felt bad that I wasn’t able to see you sleep. Sorry.”

“Baka~ Don’t scare me like that again.” Haruna answered.

“Ehh.. So I scared NyanNyan huh?” the short girl teased and released Haruna from her embrace.

“Of course! I don’t want you getting mad at me Baka~”

“Ehh.. So NyanNyan wants me too.” She continued teasing.

“I just don’t want this trip to end suddenly because you’re mad at me.”

“Ehh.. So NyanNyan won’t continue the trip without me… I knew it!”

“Knew what?!” Haruna sounds confused.

“Ehh… NyanNyan planned this trip with me in mind!” Yuko giggled punching her fist up the air.

“Yuuchan? Didn’t I tell you that already?” the tall girl said with a frown.

“You did? Hmmm… I can’t remember.”

“…because you’re always not paying attention to what we’re talking.”

“Eh~ is that so? So that means you also plan to have a kiss with me. This is Paris after all.” Yuko continued teasing lessening the distance between Haruna’s face and hers, making the tall girl blush. “…french kissing to be exact.” She whispered gently.

“What are you up to this time Yuuchan?”

“Eh… You also want a kiss right? Kiss…” Yuko teased.

“Stop right there! You’re the only one who wants the kiss!!” Haruna answered pushing Yuko away.

“NyanNyan!! Just kiss me already!!!!!!” Yuko finally gave in and blurted out what’s on her mind.

Haruna just laughed in response.

“Why are you laughing? You’re so mean!! This is the reason why I can’t forgive you for not letting me see you sleep!! I should just steal one!!”

“Oh yeah~ You haven’t scored one on me yet!” Haruna paid a tease.

“AAhh!! You’re really so mean!! I’ll definitely have one soon! Soon NyanNyan, I tell you!”

“Haha~ Oh yeah?”

“Yes! And that’s final!”

“You’re so funny~ C’mon, get dressed and let’s start the tour!”

“You’ll see NyanNyan! Your lips will be mine!!” Yuko declared as she drives herself to the bathroom and slammed the door.

“No Yuuchan, your lips are mine.” Haruna whispered with a smile.

--