CHAPTER 15 - That's What It Is -

--

"Yuuchan?!" Haruna mumbled and dropped the bag off her arms. She hurriedly ran towars Yuko who's curled up on the ground pressuring her stomach with her arms in tears. "Yuuchan?! What's wrong!" Haruna exclaimed.

"NyanNyan. Don't mind me... Or Aaahh~~" Yuko exclaimed in pain.

"Yuuchan! Hold on! I'll call an ambulance!" she shouted in panic as she picked up her phone.

"NyanNyan... You'll miss your flight! I'm... Erhh~ Aaahh!" the girl in pain tried to speak. Her forehead is now covered in sweat as she carefully brings herself up.

"I don't care!! What matters is you!"

"I'm okay... Go.."

"No!" Haruna refused and bring herself to embrace Yuko on her arms.

Airport staff came to help Yuko stood up as Haruna finishes the ambulance call. They were seated on a bench with Yuko gasping for breath in pain as the tall girl tries to calm her down.

"I'm here... I'm here for you... You'll be okay..." Haruna whispered as Yuko cries battling the pain.

--

The sound of the hospital machine echoes through the room. Haruna was sitting beside Yuko's bed holding the girls hand. Her eyes were tearing, looking at the girl lying on the bed, breathing calmly. She brushed Yuko's bangs away from its eyes, and traced the contours of the girls' cheeks. Slowly, she brings her face close to Yuko's and nuzzled. Her eyes focused on that innocent look and soon, she pressed her lips gently on the others'.

"I stole another one again." she whispered softly smiling. "The next time you asked me for it, I will not say no anymore Yuuchan..." she calmly said as she watched the girl's gentle breathing.

"NyanNyan?" Yuko murmured surprising Haruna. "You... I'm sorry... You missed..."

"Shhh~ It's okay Yuuchan... You're more important than my flight." Haruna interrupted Yuko's words.

"So... now you..."

"I know. And I'm not mad if you didn't tell me. I understand how you feel..." the tall girl continued. "So it’s cancer huh?"

"I'm sorry." Yuko mumbled with watering eyes.

"Don't be. It's no one's fault." Haruna sat on Yuko's bed. "I'll give you, everything you want, and everything I can, to make you happy... even if it kills me."

"Don't say that! I don't want you... pitying on me..." Yuko grunts with a frown.

"I do not pity you! Remember what I told you before at the airport? I feel the same way as you right? This is not pity, Yuuchan. It's something else."

"…"

"Do you... want to... get out of the country with me?" Haruna asked in a serious tone.

"I want to die in Japan." Yuko joked.

“Hey! Don’t say that! You still have a chance to live!” Haruna sighed. "I'll bring you back here. I promise." the tall girl cracked. "Say, let's both have a break together! Then we’ll go overseas without worries."

"NyanNyan, you don't have to go that far. You can stay in AKB as long as..."

"Shhh~ I've already thought about this a long time ago." Haruna smiled at Yuko's now confused face. "I badly want to go overseas with you."

"So you mean, that flight..."

"Un. It was supposed to be with you if it wasn’t a photoshoot."