CHAPTER 13 - Rumors and Chances -

--

“Hey~ Do you think nothing really happened between them last night?”

“Honestly, I have no idea.” Mariko answered while looking at Takamina walking back and forth the studio. “Would you quit it Takamina?!” Mariko pulled her down to sit beside her.

“I can’t help it! Somebody tell me I just heard them wrong~” She groans.

“Well, you’re the only one who heard it so we can’t help you with that.” Mariko shrugged. “Wait~ why are you so concerned about it? Don’t tell me you’re~”

“Chigau!!” Takamina interrupted. “I’m just… … yeah~~ why am I so concerned about it?”

“Oh~~” Mariko teased. “I see. So it’s either of the two then!” she continued teasing and giggled.

“What? What two? What two?” Takamina questioned sounding so confused and panicky at the same time.

“It’s either you’re inlove with Nyaro~”

“Chigau!! Definitely not that~!”

“Or… you’re dreaming of doing what they did with someone~”

“… chigau …” the short girl answered in a very low tone. “It’s not…”

“How’s Acchan by the way?” the older girl suddenly asked grinning.

“… it’s not that…” a reply Mariko heard despite the very low volume.

“Oh~” she uttered while controlling herself from laughing seeing Takamina blushing alone while looking at the ground.

Takamina just looked at her with an unexplainable expression. They went silent for a little while though Mariko seems just holding her laugh.

“So it’s that huh?” and Mariko let out a loud laugh leaving the general manager speechlessly locking eyes on her.

--

“Hey Yuko! Is it true? Is it true?”

“I heard everything from Takamina! Is it true?”

“How does it feel doing it?”

“YeahI Yeah! How does it feel with Kojima-san?”

“Congratulations Yuko! Finally!”

“Yeah! Finally! …and with Kojima!”

“C’mon! Share! Share!”

The team is now surrounding Yuko on the other side of the room, interrogating her about the fuzz from Takamina. Yuko, on the other hand is just smiling with her eyebrows curved suggesting inconvenience. She’s just smiling and giving the back of her head a scratch with the commotion that’s going.

“Nothing.. Nothing happened.. I swear…” She answered in a very low voice.

“You Bakamina~ I swear I’ll never lend NyanNyan to you!! This commotion is crazy!”

She suddenly felt a grab on her hands which shocked her. The sudden pull from nowhere enables her to escape from the crowd. The next thing she knows is that she’s running away with her hands pulled.

“Baka~ why aren’t you saying anything… You should answer them truthfully!”

“Eh? NyanNyan?” she uttered as she saw Haruna’s back leading her.

“Yes! Me! Who else?”

“Yokkatta~ You saved me~!”

“…”