Code XXXIX: Double-Edged Blade

Isolde immediately burst out into hysterical laughter and turned her gunpoint to Xora, firing until her pistol was rid of ammo. The guards by her side released their fury and emptied the ammo clips on their rifles—but after the storm of flashes and bangs, they were shocked to find that the Archangel was still standing, unwounded. Her aim was now turned to the guards, and without a second thought she emptied out the ammo of one of her Desert Eagles in both of the guards before they had time to reload, leaving Isolde stunned.

"Wh... what is this?!" she snarled.

"Surprised?" Xora asked as she flung the empty pistol at the woman, clipping her in the forehead. "Look again."

The woman staggered backward and held her head, looking at Levi again; when Xora shot those bullets, she had absolutely no intention of killing Levi—or dying. What she had shot were the thick metal cuffs that bound his wrists to the chair. They were blasted apart, leaving only his milky, untouched wrists showing.

"You!" Isolde snarled, her hands clenching into fists. "How?! How are you still alive?!"

"I can't die before I exact my revenge." With her one remaining pistol, Xora put the final bullet into Isolde's knee, bringing the woman screaming to the ground, falling flat on her back. Throwing the pistol aside, Xora slowly drew the shotgun strapped to her back, readying it in her hands. "Did you really think I would plunge into enemy territory without any kind of plan or strategy?"

"How... how are you alive, you wretched bitch?!"

Xora stomped her foot on the Titan's chest and left it there, pinning her to the ground. "In these seven days, do you think I've been sitting on my ass? You blithering fool. Locating Levi was easier than done; a minuscule tracker is implanted in his suit. What, just because you've got barriers up that completely block electromagnetic waves, you think you're unstoppable? Unbreakable? Although you looked at what talents I lack, scum, you made the mistake of forgetting to consider what I excel in: espionage. Stealth. Infiltration. The shadows. Search and destroy. Revenge.

"Immediately after finding the facility, I took great care in infiltrating. In all honesty, it gave me no trouble at all, slipping in undetected. I disabled all of the security measures, and downloaded all of your intel archives. But I'm not finished. What you and every other soldier didn't realize was that I replaced your entire store of ammo with blanks. Despite how I look, I'm still only human; there would've been no possibility for me to have survived that first wave of gunmen, correct? But miraculously, not a single person realized that their guns lacked actual bullets. If they did, they didn't do it quickly enough.

"You know of my inability to kill. But you Titans aren't human; you're scum. It's not even worth wasting our time and energy and resources kill you all, but if the Iridescent Empire doesn't rid the world of you, then no one else will. It's as simple as that. And the moment you took Levi..." Xora gritted her teeth, her deathly gaze widening as her grip on the shotgun tightened. "The moment you made the error of stealing him, you signed the death sentence for not only yourself, but every other living Titan on the face of this planet."

"You bitch," Isolde growled, one hand reaching over to grab Xora's ankle. "How could you⁠—!"

"It's my turn to ask the questions," Xora spat, gnashing her teeth. "Why did you take Levi?"

"If you take one of ours, then it only makes sense to take one of yours." Isolde's lips curled into a crude smirk. Xora wracked her brain to think about who Isolde spoke of⁠—and her only conclusion was Piquet. The Titan grinned maliciously. "And let me tell you, even though I only had a taste, your little man is one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted. Should've enjoyed the rest of the meal before you showed up, hm?"