Code LV: Becoming Superhuman

pouting levi for dayzzzzz

---

Time seemed to slow. The rubber bullet did not have same the force or speed a regular one did, but it was still just about impossible for the naked eye to follow.

Except for Xora and Levi, who shared their vision, the bullet crawled through the air. Xora raised an eyebrow; the way the bullet moved so slowly was almost comical. As it came closer to her, she stepped aside to let it pass, and stepped back.

The three standing on the other side of the barricades dropped their jaws in absolute astonishment as the bullet hit the wall behind the duo, ricocheting and hitting the floor before coming to a rolling stop by the corner. The trio didn't move, frozen with their guns still drawn.

"Well?" Levi called to them. "What's the holdup?"

"Th—the bullet," Jean sputtered, his hands trembling. He set his gun down on the barricade and lifted his protective head gear, rubbing his eyes as if he couldn't believe what he'd seen. "It went... it went through Xora!"

"What?" Xora cried, her nose wrinkling. "No, it did not. I stepped aside and it went past me. You didn't see me move?"

"N—no way," Hanji breathed, a slight tremor in her voice. "She moved so quickly we didn't even see it happen. This is only dual enhancement... there's no way she should've been able to move that fast, even with the mental link."

Three sharp bangs filled the air as Sasha rapidly pulled the trigger, her teeth gritted. Hanji and Jean looked at her in alarm; Hanji hadn't given her the signal to go. But regardless of the firing, the bullets seemed to pass through Levi this time, one through his neck, and the other two through his stomach. He remained still and the bullets glided through his image, bouncing off of the back wall.

Jean took to emptying his entire clip, aiming randomly at the two. This time, upon closer inspection, Hanji realized that they were, in fact, moving to dodge the bullets. Only, they moved so quickly, it was barely noticeable.

If she blinked, she'd miss it, but it was there; their images flickered for the smallest fraction of a second. Without focusing entirely, it just looked like the color of their entire being faded slightly, and then returned to normal.

"This is insane," Sasha mumbled, emptying her entire clip in a flurry of shots. She had imagined seeing the two jumping and dancing and leaping about to dodge the bullets, but they looked like they weren't moving an inch.

Hanji pursed her lips and tossed her pistol aside, turning around to the gun rack. She grabbed three submachine guns, tossing one to each of her assistants before readying her own. Returning to the barricade, she readied the gun, her finger already on the trigger.

"W—wait!" Jean cried in disbelief. His hands were trembling as they fumbled to ready the gun. "These—these guns use real bullets. We could kill them if—!"

"That's right, we could kill them," Hanji said nonchalantly. "But don't worry, they've got protective gear. Trust them a little. And hopefully, they won't die. Don't worry about it and shoot." Flashes filled the room as she pulled the trigger and held it, releasing a barrage of bullets. Though a face of terror was etched into Sasha's face, she obediently followed the orders and shot a long round.

To Levi and Xora, this was a little more of a challenge. There were less places to escape to, less space to bend and twist their bodies to dodge—not to mention, the bullets were significantly faster.

Even to Xora's eye, the bullets sped past. She could feel Levi's influence on her movements, and she could feel the way her mind also shed its light on Levi's. In unison, they seemed to spread apart, and unseen strings attached to their limbs did the pulling. Their arms stayed close to their torsos; they crouched and leapt backwards and split their legs to avoid bullets.