At the funeral

Today is the day that Alica is resting in peace at her funeral. The entire family is here and so is Ian with Emily. Ian was very nervous since he doesn't know anyone at the funeral home and he hadn't seen Emily's father and aunts since he was a teen.

Emily is in tears but wasn't breaking down. From a distance she notices her mother in the casket. She may have been bald but she looked like an angel.

"Ready to see her again?" Emily asked. Ian looked down at his daughter and nodded. It seemed as if Emily was the leader and Ian was the little lost boy in the store. Both of them walked to the casket and looked at the life less body.

"Hi mom. I'm gonna miss you. I know we didn't get along at times but I know deep down you still love me, and I still love you too." Emily walked away and cried with her two aunts. It was now Ian's turn.

"Hey Alicia. I haven't seen you in sometime and I would like to tell you what has happened in my life. Since I don't have time now, I will find a way to tell you later. Anyways," Ian sighs and continues.

"Emily has told me a lot about you within the time she has stayed with me. I've noticed that she looks more like you than me." Ian couldn't come up with more to say to his former love so he just walked off. For some reason, this whole death thing was hurting him on the inside. Did he fall back in love?

He couldn't have, she was dead and he has a girlfriend. There was no way in hell he could ever. He decided to look around and find Emily. As he went along, he found a picture collage that   for the funeral. It has pictures of Alicia growing up and hanging around with her family, and there were two photos that caught his eye.

There was a picture of both him and Alicia hanging out. I remember that day. It was the day before Alicia moved. And the day she broke up with me he thought to himself. He skimmed through all of the photos to yet, find another photo of Alica with Emily as a little girl.

Alicia took the photo and they were both laying on the bed smiling. Emily had a pumpkin grin at the time and Alicia had bangs almost covering her eyes.

They both look so cute with their beach blond hair. Emily's eyes are bright as mine. I guess I haven't noticed that lately since she's been crying. Ian was thinking so much about all of this when Emily's grandfather came around and wrapped his arm around Ian's shoulder.

"Hey Ian! I haven't seen you in a while!" He said. His tone was sad yet excited. Ian looked to the side and slightly smiled.

"It's sad to see my baby girl gone. At least I have my other baby girl Emily with us. She is a spitting image of her mother." He said to Ian. Ian nodded his head in agreement since he knew what he was talking about.

"You know the day that Emily was born, the very first time she opened he eyes, she had these amazing blue eyes. None of us in the family had eyes that blue. Then Alicia said "daddy, Ian has eyes like that. She got it from him." she cried after telling me that. I could tell she really wanted you there." 

"I know, and I would have been there if she had told me she was pregnant." Ian looked down and had the urge to cry. It had hit him that he missed all of Emily's big moments in life since he had no idea about his daughter.

"Hey, I noticed that you were looking at these two picture up here. Would you like to keep them?" He asked Ian. Ian's eyes opened wide as he looked at Alicia's father.

"Are you sure? I don't think that's a good idea." Ian was backing out of the offer. The father shook his head.

"It's fine. You can have them. You're part of the family too." He took the two photos off the collage and handed them to Ian. Ian thanked him and hid the two photos in his pocket.

Him and Emily stayed for the rest of the funeral and headed straight home afterwards. Things were upsetting most of the time. They both watched a movie and cuddled together the entire movie. Ian may have not seen Alicia when she was alive but he will always have a piece of her forever.