Small notes

Ian had woke himself at five in the morning for a plan he was putting in the making a few days ago. He quickly turned off his alarm before Emily had woke up to it.

He shook himself to fully wake up and he rolled out of bed. He grabbed the stack of sticky notes and walked out of his bedroom and into the darkness. He turned on the hallway light, which blinded him for a minute and he stuck sticky noted all over the house.

There were two starting in the kitchen, one on the table, and one on the couch. Ian traveled to the bathroom and peed before he placed the next sticky note next to the soap. The final note was placed in Emily's room. He kissed her forehead then walked out.

****

Emily slowly opened her eyes, waking up to chirping birds from outside and the cool air-condition kicking in. She yawned and sat up in her bed. She noticed a sticky note on her nose

She pulled it off her face and it had message on it. "Gonna sleep in. Wake me at noon. ~dad". Emily crumbled up the note and threw it in the trash. She walked to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. She looked at the soap and noticed a note.

"If you're having a rough time, wash your hands of your problems. Get it? Cause it's soap?" Emily smiled and threw that note away. She walked into the living room and looked into the kitchen. She walked into the kitchen area and found another note.

"The knives are your enemy. If people are picking on you, don't turn to the knives for a way out. They'll only make you feel worse." Instead of throwing the note out, she kept it there for guidance during hard times. Emily's stomach began to growl.

She opened the refrigerator and saw a piece of chocolate cake staring at her. Emily looked behind her to see if Ian had woken up. Since the coast was clear, she pulled the cake out if its spot and grabbed a fork. She headed to table and sat in her usual spot (which was Ian's spot for LTWS). Before she could dig into her dessert-breakfast, she noticed a note.

She picked it up and read it. "Oh, if you think you can just eat MY slice of cake for breakfast, you're wrong. Put it back." Emily giggled. How did he know she was going to eat it? She picked it off the table and put it back into the refrigerator. As she was about to throw out the note, she had realized that a second note was attached to it.

"By the way, there's no cake for breakfast." Emily rolled her eyes and just threw it out. "How many notes did he write?" Emily asked herself. She poured herself a bowl of fruity pebbles and sat in Anthony's spot on the couch. Something poked her neck as she sat down. She turned around to yet, find another sticky note.

Emily peeled it off the couch and read, what she had hoped to be, the last sticky note she'll find. "Hey! What are you sitting in Anthony's side of the couch? :( just kidding. If you're gonna eat on the couch, don't make a mess." Emily rolled her eyes and ate her breakfast as she began to watch tv.

After Emily finished the bowl of cereal, she decided to place notes for Ian, like he did to her. She put her bowl in the sink and went to Ian's room and grabbed his stack of sticky notes. She spent all of her time writing notes with every last sticky note he had in the stack. After she completed the stack. She placed a note all over his body. She then set his alarm (that was set to go off in five minutes) and walked back to her room.

***

The alarm was blaring in Ian's ear, warning him to wake up. Ian opened his eyes and moved his arm to shut off the alarm clock. As he moved his arm, he felt something weird. He looked to find tons of stick notes all over his arm and all over the top half of his body.

The first one he pulled off himself was the one on his forehead. "Got this idea from a special someone." Ian smiled and pulled off all the other sticky notes off of him. They all said the same thing. "Wow, this a lot of notes for one guy." One note said as Ian peeled the notes off of himself, he threw them out and made sure there were no more left. He found just one more trailed off at his desk. He walked up to it, picked it up, and read it.

"Thanks for the guidance. It really helped. ~Emily" Ian read. Just as he finished reading it, Emily knocked on the door and let herself in. Ian turned around and automatically gave her a hug. "You're welcome." He whispered.