Being normal?

I woke up like I did every morning, eating my usual morning breakfast and hurried to school with my bag slung over my shoulder. My dad was away on a trip to Hawaii, but he didn't normally go on trips. It started only after my mother had died, and my dad decided that home was a place to avoid.

I stepped onto the stone steps that led to the hall, running and checking my watch at the same time. 6:59. I had to get to the hall in one minute. I could still make it. I heaved a huge sigh of relief and ran towards the hall. Everything seemed to be going my way until...

I bumped into Chip,the biggest bully of the school, and hated people running into him. it spoilt his mood. Chip looked down at me,and sneered,"Now look who this is,Mr. No Friends! Asking for a death wish? Well, I'll give you one." He cracked his knuckles and stepped towards me. I started learning karate at the age of four, and I was a double black belt. I raised my fists and sidestepped him as he tried to run into me. I did a back kick, one of the most lethal karate moves that I had been taught. I felt the flesh of his stomach through my foot. He let out a grunting noise and landed on the floor, unconscious.

Satisfied at what I had done, I hurried up the steps... and tripped. I lost my balance and with my arms flailing, I fell headfirst on the floor, and the last thing I saw was the cold grey ground rushing to meet me before my world plunged into darkness.