Professor Jason

"I'm Jason. And you are probably wondering why this hospital seems to be in the middle of a jungle. You, David, are special." Professor Jason whispered to me.

"Wait, where did I hear that before? Oh yeah, it was at a school's motivational talk. Just cut to the chase already!" I yelled in the professor's face, seething with anger at this weirdo professor.

"This is a magical place. And you are one of the last kind. You are a shapeshifter." The professor replied, grinning like an idiot. A shapeshifter? What was this man blabbering about? The last time I heard about a shapeshifter was in a book that I read when I was six years old. Did this 'professor Jason' think I was stupid? I wouldn't fall for that kind of lousy trick, professor!

I was about to yell my head off at him, but I stopped myself. I saw two similar teenagers who looked around my age emerge from the white building, staring bewildered at me. I was 14 years old, and I wasn't new to this kind of treatment. I knew what was going on in their heads. Who is that new kid? The next thing you know, you are getting bullied.

Professor Jason told me to go back into the hospital and make myself familiar with the two kids. I stood up and sauntered towards the two kids. One of them extended his hand and smiled, introducing himself,"I'm Luke. This is Jessica. We were brought here just like you were, a few hours ago."