Yuuri

I flew silently behind Sirius, intrigued to see where he was going. I saw a town, with lots of people going about and doing their business, some guards standing beside one lone castle surrounded by a moat filled with man-eating crocodiles inside. I saw one crocodile jump up and devoured a human being that had accidentally fallen into the murky water. I cringed. I did NOT want to have the same fate as him.

I landed in a nearby field that was deserted and had no obvious signs of intelligence. I could hear the chirping of birds, as if warning me of something. Luke fell off me, then brushed the dirt off his black suit that he had been wearing the entire time.

"I have no explanation for why this place is deserted," Luke muttered under his breath. Though with my acute dragon hearing, he was screaming in my ears. I covered my ears for a while, before shapeshifting into a wolf, so that I could fight off whatever sinister that was here. Luke followed what I did and shapeshifted into a brown wolf. I had a grey fur coat, and I was supposedly the fiercest wolf species of all.

Grey wolves usually hunted in packs, while red wolves, however, hunted bsolitary most of the time. But grey wolves had a stronger build, and had sharper teeth and more lethal features on its body.

Luke and I stood back to back, in attack stance, growling at the slightest noise to scare away the creature who made it. I walked cautiously towards the town that I had seen and tripped over a hole. A hole that could hardly be seen, and I looked into the hole. I shapeshifted into a squirrel and scurried into the hole, and I heard Luke say in his husky, wolf voice,"I don't think this is a good idea." To other humans or monsters, what Luke said was a bunch of growls, but fellow shapeshifters could hear each other.

Firstly, the hole was so small, I had to crawl into it. Secondly, it was so dark, I could not see my paw in front of my face. Thirdly, the hole was well dug into the ground. The small opening widened into a cavern. I shapeshifted into a bat so I could see and also so that I could hear better.

"So, we have arrived at Yuuri, my shapeshifter friends. We have been in this hideout for too long. We should have our revenge on Sirius! I heard he killed a fellow shapeshifter." A person said.

I heard another person, a girl, reply,"I hear something. Are you super sure that our hideout is secure?"

The first person who I heard talking, a boy, answered,"Yes, Emily. The hideout can only be accessed by shapeshifters."

So that's why this place is deserted! The shapeshifters probably stayed here and scared everyone away! I wondered in my head.

I heard footsteps and shapeshifted into a worm, and hid behind a box. Five teenagers, around my age, ran past me as they shapeshifted into different animals. Maybe Luke and I stand a better chance of surviving with them. But should we join? I had no idea what their motive was, and joining them could be a good idea. They had heard about Jessica's death. Bad news always spread like wildfires. But if I wanted to take Sirius on, then I needed help. I was at a loss, I didn't know what to do. Still as a worm, I quickly considered my options.

Hello readers! Do you think Luke and David should join or not? Find out in the next chapter! This chapter is a bit short, but I'm gonna write a longer chapter afterwards! :)