Captured

I climbed up the wall, and then I felt a net come over me and I was trapped. I could not move my little lizard limbs and I started to panic, thinking that I had been captured again. I turned my head and my beady eyes focused on professor Jason. He had put the net over me and was looking puzzled, staring at me. Luke and Jessica also stopped practicing and went closer to me and inspected me.

I knew I had to shapeshift into something else but if I did that, they would instantly know that I was David, the person who escaped. And they would capture me. But Luke and Jessica did not look like they wanted to escape. They were smiling and now as they looked at me, they were equally puzzled.

I slowly shapeshifted into a falcon and flew out of the net, now too big for my new size. Professor Jason's eyes were wide open and he shouted a command that I could not really hear. I just flew out and a few guards appeared, trying to catch me with bird nets, but I shapeshifted into a wolf and swiftly sprinted behind them, escaping out into the open. But just then, I heard a whizzing sound and I only had time to shapeshift back into a human before I got knocked out again.

I woke up once again with that unpleasant feeling in my neck and I rubbed my neck as I looked around in the room with gray walls, like I was in the structure just now. What had happened just now felt like it was just a dream, but I knew it was real. I saw the open window and thought for half a second whether to escape again but I thought about Luke and Jessica and I got up from the bed and went to the dining hall.

Luke and Jessica were sitting at a separate table and as they looked up, I could tell that they were surprised and in awe. I sat down, feeling a little awkward. Then Luke started to talk to me,"Hi, David. We saw you last night. That was awesome! We saw you shapeshift like a pro like you were always a shapeshifter!" I told them about how Sirius had trained me. But when I mentioned his name, they grew silent and glared at me. I felt something was out of place.

"What about Sirius? He's pretty nice and cool. He even owns a Griffin!" I asked before quickly adding the last part of that speech.

"He's professor Jason's enemy and he used to cheat people and make them work for him and he also wants to rule all of the shapeshifters to upset the balance of the magic in Mystica. There is a ruler called Ova and she is trying to keep balance of all the magic in Mystica. If the balance is upset, then Mystica could die, and all the magic would die along with it." Luke explained, making a lot of hand gestures like a political speaker.

I nodded, thinking back to what Sirius had said about his hometown how there were many Griffins. He also said there were many magical creatures like pegasuses and also unicorns filled with lots of magical power and that I would fit in perfectly fine in his town. He said he ruled the town too, and that he was the most powerful. I could not visit his town, but I did find his town a bit weird, but I guess being in Mystica was really strange already so I did not suspect a thing. But now that I had heard the whole story, I narrowed my eyes and sweated to fight against Sirius.

Professor Jason put his hands on my shoulders again, but I didn't yell or scream, because I had already shapeshifted into a bat and flew away. Now I was on the ceiling looking down at the three of them. I now had a feeling whether somebody was behind me or not, and knew what was going to happen in advance, and I had dreamt that this would happen last night. I rubbed my head with my bat hands, feeling that I had predicted the future was a little unsettling. I had dreamt something else even worse that concerned Sirius and the Institute, but I was not sure if it was true or not.