The Shapeshifter

My lungs burned, and I felt like I was ready to hit the sack. But I knew that I had to keep on going, or they would put me back into my ward again and not tell me the truth.

I wanted to know what I could really do. I read that shapeshifters could change into different animals like wolves and bats, but I wanted to know if I could actually do that.

I cleared my mind, took a deep breath, and thought about a wolf. How a wolf looked like and what the wolf had. Like claws and razor-sharp teeth. I thought about the wild eyes and ears that sprung out of its head.

I felt something pop out on my head. I opened my eyes that I didn't even know I had closed and saw, two small brown ears! My eyes widened and I felt like jumping up and down and telling everyone that I could do this.

Just then before I could make myself look more like a wolf, I heard a faint voice in the background. "Are you sure the shapeshifter is finally here?" The disembodied voice asked. The voice belonged to a male and when he appeared behind the bushes, I could not help but stare. He had a muscular build, like James Bond. He had a gun slung across his shoulder and he had blond hair that was slightly messed up, and he had a chiseled nose and a face that girls would go crazy about.

I stepped out from behind my own bush that I was hiding in and replied boldly,"I am a shapeshifter."

He stared at me, and looked me up and down, observing me and then smiling slowly. "Hello, David. I am Sirius. And I am here to tell you the truth." I smiled too. Finally I could know the truth.

I stepped closer to the man named Sirius, and he began to tell me the truth. He told me that professor Jason was bad and wanted the shapeshifters for bad reasons. I frowned, always suspecting the suspicious professor. He offered me to join him to fight against the professor and to help me to perfect my shapeshifting skills. I nodded, agreeing to this special request. But after that, I started wondering how he had known my name.

But before I could ask him, he rubbed his silver ring on his fourth finger and instantly a blue portal opened up, crackling with electricity and we both stepped through.