Sirius

When we stepped into the portal, I was terrified. I didn't really know why, but I thought I would die if I stepped into it, thinking that the electricity would kill me or something like when we stepped out then there would be a gigantic Griffin waiting on the other side and it would eat all of us.

Turns out, I am also a fortune teller. Maybe I could add that to my Long list of things that I was talented at. There WAS a Griffin on the other side, with crimson red feathers and a big yellow beak and had paws on its feet like a lion, gigantic claws from every toe. I looked deep into its dark, stormy blue eyes, trying to tell it not to eat us. Maybe I had the talent of communicating with mythical creatures.

The only detail I didn't think about was that the Griffin was NOT there to eat me. And it turns out, I have noticed two things. The Griffin was called Dagger and it was Sirius' pet, which for the time being seemed extremely weird. The second thing was that I have a fear of Griffins. I inched closer towards it.

I asked Sirius,"Why do you keep this thing as a pet?"

All that I got as an answer was a raised eyebrow from Sirius and he answered,"Wait till you see how many people keep Griffins as pets in my place. It's like Griffin country there!"

He smiled and somehow, I managed a forced smile as I stood next to the gigantic creature. Sirius was stroking its feathers and in turn, it growled. I jumped back, not wanting to be the creature's meal. Sirius laughed at my reaction and told me that Dagger, a male, was happy.

I took two big steps back, not wanting to get too close to it. The blue portal closed behind me, and for once in my life, I regretted passing through a portal.

I calmed myself down and ensured that Dagger was not going to eat me with Sirius around. Sirius walked over to me and lowered his voice to a whisper and said,"If you are a shapeshifter, you can shapeshift into a Griffin too, you know. You just have to imagine." But I didn't want to imagine. Even though I thought the griffin looked pretty cool standing there showing off its magestic feathers and its big blood red wings that were folded to its sides.