Chapter Three

(Luca's Pov)

I walk out of my third period, which is Spanish, and down the hall. As I approach my locker I see Jeffree, Cameron, and Danny there. I sigh and I'm about to turn around when Cameron grabs me and slams me up against the locker. I hiss in pain as my back connects with the locker. They all smirk and Jeffree cracks his knuckles. "Well, well, well look what we have here."

"P-Please, let m-me g-go," I beg. They all laugh and Danny hits my head so it bangs against the lockers. I whimper and am about to ask them to just let me go again when I see a brown haired boy stomping up to us. He looks confident in what he's about to do.

"Hey!" he says. Jeffree and his crew turn around and raise an eyebrow at him. I stare at him with wide eyes and my mouth slightly open.

"And you are?" Jeffree asks.

"I'm Riley, and you need to let that kid go."

Jeffree starts laughing and says, "Are you really going to tell us what to do?" Riley nods but seems a little unsure of himself. Jeffree starts laughing again and says, "You know what? Since you had the balls to do this, we'll let him go. But next time we won't. No one likes the little freak anyway." Cameron lets go of me and I fall to the ground. I look up and see Riley staring at Jeffree and his crew walking down the hall. I get up and silently walk away towards fourth period. Just as I'm about to turn the corner to go to gym, I hear Riley call me.

"Hey, kid with the blue hair! Wait up!" I start to walk faster and I hear him running after me. It's obvious why he stopped Jeffree. He wants to hurt me and wants to do it by himself. All he wants is to make fun of me. I run into the gym and he grabs my shoulder. "Hey, didn't you hear me? I said wait." I feel so scared, it's not that I don't like people touching me. It's just I don't like to be hurt and that's what's going to happen. I probably should have listened. Maybe he wouldn't hurt me as bad if had I listened. I just stare at the ground with fear written on my face. "Hey, what's wrong?" I don't say anything. I don't know who this guy is and I rather not talk to him. If he hears my stutter he'll laugh and call me stutter boy. "Do you not talk? Are you mute?" I don't do or say anything. I just keep my eyes on the floor and wait for him to finally give up and leave me alone. He's about to say something when the late bell rings. "Crap! I'll see you later, blue hair," he says and runs off. I sure hope not.

I sigh and walk into gym class. I sit on the bleachers where everyone else is and Mr. Bishop comes out. He blows his whistle so everyone will stop talking.

"Okay, today we're going to play dodge ball! Randy, you're a team captain! Otis, you're the other team captain. Now, everyone get down on the gym floor and line up so they can pick teams." I feel scared. I hate dodgeball. I always end up in the nurse's office. I sigh and walk out onto the gym floor and they start to pick teams. I, of course, am last to be picked and even then it's by force.

"Does he have to play? He's just going to make us lose!" Randy says.

"That's too bad!" Mr. Bishop says. I walk over to Randy's team and he glares at me. Yep, this is going to end badly. Mr. Bishop blows his whistle and throws out the dodge balls. Everyone starts throwing them and trying to hit each other. I hide behind someone, I think her name is Cassidy, and she glares at me.

"Come on, stutter boy. I'm a girl and I'm not being a wuss," she says. I walk away from her and pick up a ball. Maybe I can throw one. . . .I see Tommy isn't paying attention to me and I throw the ball. It hit him right on the thigh and everyone looks at him and me in shock. I'll admit it, I'm shocked too.

"You're out, Tommy!" Mr. Bishop says. Tommy glares at me and everyone starts laughing.

"I can't believe he got hit by stutter boy!"

"And look at stutter boy! Even he's shocked! What a loser!" I sigh and go back to hiding behind people. It soon is just Randy and me on our team and Otis, Ryan, and Callie on the other team. As soon as Randy gets hit, the other team all smirks at me. Oh, no.

I start to run and jump, trying to dodge all the balls that they're throwing at full force. Everyone is laughing at me and finally, I just give up. I'm out of breath and I know there is no way I can win this. They all throw the balls at my face and I fall when one hits me right in the mouth. I groan in pain as everyone bursts out laughing and I feel my eyes fill up with tears. Mr. Bishop runs over to me and kneels down next me. The bell rings and everyone else runs out of the gym to get to lunch.

"Luca, are you okay?" Mr. Bishop asks. I sniffle and nod my head. My lip is bloody and I feel kind of dizzy.

"I-I'm fine," I say. He sighs and helps me up.

"Here's a napkin, do you need help getting to lunch?" I shake my head no and thank him. He nods and I slowly walk to lunch, still holding the napkin to my lip. I walk into the cafeteria and get my lunch. It's just some apple juice and grapes. I walk to my table and sit down, alone as always.

(Riley's Pov)

I walk into lunch with my friends and we all go to our table. Joshua smiles at us and we sit down. As I'm eating my cheeseburger, I see the kid with the blue hair again. He comes in the lunch room with a bloody napkin on his lip. He gets a carton of apple juice and some grapes and sits down at a table. He looks so lonely. . . . "Hey, guys?"

"Yeah?" they all say.

"Do you mind if I invite that kid to sit with us?" I point at the blue haired boy and they all look at him.

"Go ahead," Chester says. I get up and walk over to him. He looks up and honestly, he looks scared.

"Hi," I say gently and sit down across from him. He looks behind him and points to himself. I nod and chuckle. "Yes, I'm talking to you." He looks at the table and doesn't say anything. Seriously, is he mute? "I was wondering if you wanted to sit with us." I smile at him and he just shakes his head no. "Oh, okay. . .well, what about if I sit with you?" He shrugs and I get up and go back over to my friends. "I'm going to sit with him today." I walk my lunch over to his table and sit down again. He takes a grape off his tray and takes a bite out of it. That's kind of weird, usually people just pop them in their mouth whole. I guess I was staring because he stops chewing and looks up at me. I blush and say, "Sorry, didn't mean to stare." He nods and looks back down. Awe, he's so cute! He's so shy, I wonder why he's like that.

"So, what's your name?" I ask. He points to his book bag that has his name on it. Huh, I've never met anyone named Luca. That's a cool name. "That's a cool name. Nice to meet you, Luca." He doesn't say or do anything. Just then, the bell rings and Luca gets up, throws his trash away, and speed walks out of the cafeteria. He's so weird!

*Hey guys, I'm not too sure about this chapter. I was wondering if you guys could leave me a comment and vote telling me if you liked it or not. Thanks, guys. Love you all! <3*