Chapter Sixty-Two

(Riley's POV)

I feel the back of my head and hiss at the pain. I then touch my lip see blood on my fingers. "You're p-p-pretty b-b-beat up," Luca says. 

"I know," I say and rub my sore shoulder from being tackled. 

"I-I-I'll help c-clean y-you up." I smile, but then frown from the pain and Luca sighs. 

"Thanks," I say.

"You guys are kind of lucky this happened," the officer says. 

"Why?" Luca asks. I notice he didn't stutter and smile. At least that's getting better. 

"Well, we got a confession out of it. You'll still need to come to the station on Monday to give a statement," she says. 

"O-Okay." They pull into Luca's driveway and we all get out. We walk into the house and Storm's eyes widen when he see's us. 

"What's going on?" he asks.

"As Riley and Luca were on their way home, they ran into Adam. Adam provoked Riley causing him to attack him. Well, Adam did admit to trying to kill Luca so I don't think Riley will be in any trouble for throwing the first punch. Luca called the police and told us everything that happened, or at least as much as he could. We had another officer take Adam in custody, so you don't have to worry about him anymore," the lady says.

Storm looked so relieved before saying, " Thank you so much."

"No problem. We'll see you at the station to make a statement on Monday," the officer says. They leave and Storm shuts the front door behind them.

"Riley, you look pretty beat up," he says. 

"I am," I say and sit down. I'm in so much pain. 

"Luca will show you the med-kit. I actually have to get to work. I'll be back soon. Call Tyler if anything happens," Storm says as he rushes out the door so he won't be late.

"G-Go up t-t-to my room. I-I-I'll g-get the med-kit," Luca says. I nod go up to his room. I sit down on his bed and touch my shoulder again. It hurts like hell. 

I take my jacket and shirt off to look at it. It's turning a greenish color with some purple. That doesn't look good. . . 

Luca walks into the room and his eyes widen when he sees me. He quickly turns around and says, "Uh, s-s-sorry." He sounds so flustered. It's so adorable. 

"Luca, we're both guys. It's okay. Plus, you're my boyfriend. I think you should be allowed to see me without a shirt," I say. He turns around slowly and I see his face is a deep red. 

"O-Okay," he mumbles, looking anywhere but me. He walks over to me and sets the med-kit down and hands me two ice packs. "F-For your h-head and sh-should-der." I put one on my shoulder and hold the other one on the back of my head.  

"Thanks," I say and he sighs. 

"D-Don't thank me y-yet," he mumbles and take out disinfecting spray. I look at my knuckles and see they're kind of split open. 

"No-" I start to say, but he sprays them before I can finish. "OH, MY GOD! THAT HURTS!" Luca takes my hands and blows on them to ease the pain. Even though I feel like crying from how much that hurt, the way Luca is trying to ease the pain is too adorable not to smile at. 

"S-Sorry," Luca says, 'If I-I t-t-told you wh-when I-I was g-g-going t-to do it y-you would h-have resist-ted."

"I know. You're fine, don't apologize," I say. Luca lets go of my hands and pulls out a gauze wrap. He wraps my knuckles up and then runs his thumb over my bottom lip. I hiss in pain again and he pulls back. 

"I-I don't th-think I-I have anyth-thing f-for that," he says. 

"You can kiss it and make it feel better," I say and Luca giggles. 

"V-Very funny." I pout and he rolls his eyes playfully. He pecks my lips and I smile. 

"Thank you. It feels a thousand times better," I say, even though it did kind of hurt. Kisses from Luca are worth it, though.

"Y-You need t-t-to s-stop getting i-into fights," he says. 

"I couldn't let him get away with what he said. After everything he did to you, he deserved it." Luca sits down next to me and takes my hand. 

"R-Riley, y-y-you can't protect m-me from everyth-thing." I look at him and sigh. 

"But if I can then I will protect you. I don't care if I get hurt. I just want you safe. Besides, I deserved a good beating," I mumble the last part but Luca hears it anyways. 

"F-Forget ab-bout that." I look away from him and shake my head. 

"How do you expect me to forget about it when all I hear in my head is you screaming you're a fuck-up? Also, you cut because of me. Let's not forget that." 

Luca bites his lips really hard and shakes his head before saying, "P-Please, d-don't."

"Luca, we have to address the fact that you wanted to die because of me. If we don't then it's probably just going to jinx us in the future," I say. 

Luca stands up and grabs his hair while screaming, "I D-DON'T W-W-WANT TO! I-I JUST W-W-WANT TO P-PRETEND I-I-IT NEVER H-HAPPENED!" 

I know Luca's still hurting because of it. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have just screamed at me. I know he wants to pretend it never happened, but that's not good. Bottling up your feelings isn't good. You have to address the situation or problem to work things out. But I also don't want him to angry or upset right now after everything that has happened. "I'm sorry I brought it up," I say and look away from him. I hear him start to cry and I bite my lip. "No, don't cry." I get up and wrap my arms around Luca and feel him shaking. 

"I-I j-j-just don't w-want to r-r-remember th-the things that r-ruined our r-relationsh-ship," he mumbles. 

"I understand, but it's not healthy to bottle up your feelings," I say and look down at him. He nods into my chest and I sigh. "When you're ready we will talk about it. I'm not mad at you for yelling either. I know you're just going through a lot."

"Th-Thank you," he mumbles and looks up at me. I lean down and kiss him and he kisses me back slowly. 

"No, thank you," I say and he looks at me confused. 

"For wh-what?"

"For being your amazing self," I say and he shakes his head but smiles anyways. 

"Did I-I o-o-order a-a pizza?" he asks. 

"I don't think so?" I say, confused. 

"Bec-cause you're b-being e-extra cheesy r-r-right now," he says and I start laughing. 

"Oh, Luca, I love you so much."

"I-I love y-y-you, too," he says and we sit down on his bed to rest for the rest of the night.

*So, you guys will notice that I'm changing the tense in the story. It was all over the place. So now it's going to present tense. I'll be editing earlier chapters to have the same thing. I hope you guys enjoyed this long overdue chapter! Don't forget to comment and vote! Thanks for reading! I love you all! <3*