Chapter Fifty-Six

(Luca's POV)

I walked out of gym class and into the cafeteria. I got my apple juice and grapes before going to my table. Chester smiled at me and I sat down next to him. "Hey, how was gym?" he asked. 

"F-Fine, w-w-we're r-r-running this unit. I-I'm o-one of th-the fast-test k-kids in th-the class," I said. 

"That's awesome! By the way, how's your music project going?" Kyla asked. 

"F-Fine. W-We're doing th-the song 'L-Lost boy,'" I said.

"Awe, that's so perfect. Will we be able to see the video when you guys are done?" Becky asked. 

"I-I don't kn-know. . . ." I mumbled. 

"Oh, come on, Luca. I bet you sound amazing when you sing. At least, that's what Riley says. You should show off your voice," Joshua said. 

"I-I'll th-think about i-it," I said and they nodded. 

"Okay, that's better than nothing," Chester said and laughed. I ate some of my grapes and drank my juice before getting up and throwing away my food. I just realized that I still haven't seen Jeffree, Daniel, and Cameron for awhile. Are they still suspended?

"Wh-What happened t-to J-Jeffree and th-them?" I asked as I walked back to my table. 

"They got kicked out for a few months. They're really cracking down on the bullying policy," Chester said. 

"Oh," I said and nodded. The bell rang and I got up. Becky walked me to my next class and I thanked her when we got there. 

After school, I walked to my locker to get my coat. I put it on and walked outside. I texted Riley to tell him I would meet him at my house in a little bit. I started walking home and put in my earbuds. I started listening to music and sighed contently. 

I was suddenly grabbed and thrown on the ground. "So, you thought everything would go back to normal? You thought I would be gone? Guess what, slut. I'm still here!" Adam said. 

"G-GET OFF!" I screamed. He put his hand over my mouth and I struggled from underneath him. 

"You're going to get what you deserve," he said and made me stand up. "See this?" He showed me a pocket knife. "You're going to walk with me and you're not going to do anything stupid. Why? Because I will stab you." I nodded with tears in my eyes and he pushed me towards a pond. 

"N-NO!' I screamed when he pushed me into the ice cold water. "I-I can't s-s-swim!" I screamed as I tried to touch the bottom. Why is this pond so deep?!

"Not my problem," Adam said and walked away. 

"H-HELP M-M-ME!" I screamed as I felt my body start to shut down. This is it. This is how I'm going to die. 

(Riley's POV)

I sighed as I waited for Luca outside his house. "H-HELP M-M-ME!" I heard Luca scream. I started running down the street where I heard the scream and found Luca in an ice cold pond. 

"OH, MY GOD! LUCA!" I screamed and took off my jacket. I put my phone on the ground, too, before getting into the pond and grabbing Luca's unconscious body. I dragged him onto the grass and wrapped my jacket around his body, not caring about my own. "Luca, wake up. Please, you have to wake up," I begged. He didn't move.

I laid him down flat and started to do CPR on him. When that didn't work, I called 9-1-1 and told them what happened and they said they'll be here right away. "Luca, you have to be alright. You can't die. Not today, not ever. I need you. If you die then I'm nothing. I need you to keep on fighting." I hugged Luca and tried to get him warm, but I'm just as cold. 

I heard a ambulance and they pulled up to the abandoned house we were at. They got Luca and me in the ambulance and wrapped a heated blanket around me. "Do you know what happened?" the paramedic asked. 

"No, I found him in the pond. I heard him screaming."

"Okay, we'll take care of him and you. We'll get you some dry clothes and then we'll call both of your parents," he said. I nodded and looked away from Luca. I can't see him like this. He has so many tubes in him. His body must of shut down from the freezing water. I sighed and put my face in my hands. 

We drove the rest of the way to the hospital and I got out of the ambulance. They rushed Luca inside and gave me some dry clothes and more blankets. They asked for our parents' numbers and I gave them Storm's and my mom's. "Just wait out here while we call your parents. Luca should be alright, he wasn't in the water for long," a paramedic said. I nodded and he left. I sat down in the waiting room and sighed. I hope Luca is okay. . . . 

"Riley, are you okay?!" Mom said as she ran into the hospital. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little cold." 

"What happened?" Mom asked and sat down next to me. 

"I don't know exactly. I heard Luca screaming and I found him in a freezing cold pond. He wouldn't wake up when I got him out," I said. 

"Oh, honey. I hope he's alright." Mom hugged me and I hugged her back. Storm ran into the hospital a few minutes later with Jackson and came over to me. 

"Is Luca alright?!" he asked worried. 

"Luca is fine. We have some heating tubes in him to warm up his body," the doctor said when he walked into the waiting area. 

"Can we see him?" Storm asked. 

"Yes, go ahead into room 105 on the first floor." We nodded and I followed Storm down the hall with the blanket around my shoulders. 

"Are you okay, Riley?" Storm asked and I nodded. 

"I'm okay, just really cold and worried," I said. 

"I should've never let Luca walk home alone. I'm such an idiot!" 

"Hey, don't pin this on yourself. We don't know what happened yet. And either way, it wouldn't be your fault at all," I said and he nodded slowly. We walked into Luca's room and I gasped when I saw him. He's so pale and has a tube in his mouth to get the air in his lungs warm. I know this because I had to study this stuff in health. 

We walked over to him and I saw that he was barley awake. He started to try to talk but stopped when he realized he couldn't. "Luca, I'm so sorry this happened to you. When you get warmed up, we'll talk about what happened, okay?" Storm said and Luca nodded. Luca turned to me and gave me a sad look. 

I smiled at him and said, "Get some rest. We'll be here when you wake up." Storm smiled at me and we sat down on the small couch near the window. Storm got out his phone and started to text someone and I sighed. I leaned my head back, closed my eyes, and started to fall asleep from this tiring day. 

*Okay, so this chapter isn't the best in my opinion. I know I say that about every chapter, but this one just doesn't feel right to me. If you guys want it rewritten, I will. Tell me what you want to see in the next chapter, too. Well, thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote! I love you all! <3*