Chapter Thirty-Six

(Storm's Pov)

I walked into school and looked around for Jackson. I saw him at my locker with Marcus, Michael, Kyle, and Tyler. I think Nathan's sick since he wasn't here yesterday either. "Hey, babe," Jackson said and hugged me.

"Hey," I said and hugged him back.

"You look pissed," Tyler said and I nodded while staring at Michael.

"I am," I said and Michael bit his lip.

"Well, I have to get to class," he said and started to walk away.

"Get your ass back here," I practically growled. Jackson, Kyle, Marcus, and Tyler all stepped away and Michael stopped walking.

"What? I didn't do anything," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Come with me," I said and pushed him into the bathroom. I locked the door and he glared at me.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"You're an asshole," I stated.

"You sound like Riley," he mumbled and crossed his arms.

"Good! It's true! What you did to him yesterday was horrible!"

"Please, I barely touched the brat," he said. I walked up to him and slapped him. Not as hard as I could, but hard enough to leave a mark. "What the fuck, Storm?!" he yelled and held his cheek.

"That's not even close to how hard you slapped Riley. So, you want to tell me you barely touched him again?" I said.

"How would you know? You weren't even there."

"There's a fucking bruise on Riley's cheek!" I yelled.

"Whatever, he had it coming," he said. "After all the shit he put me through, I should've done it a long time ago."

"How would you feel if we hadn't found Riley yesterday? He would be dead by now if we hadn't with how cold it got last night." He looked guilty and looked down. "You shouldn't of hit Riley, and you shouldn't be so rude to him. He's thirteen years old! Act like an older brother he can look up to!" I said.

"I'm sorry I'm not the perfect brother like you," he said.

"You think I'm the perfect brother? I'm not even close! I just ruined a lot of progress I made with Luca because of some shit I said. I'm no where as bad as you though. I've never laid a hand on Luca in a threatening way, and I never will. I know siblings are supposed to fight, but you don't leave a bruise on their cheek. Especially when they're four years younger than you."

"Whatever, you didn't have to hit me," he said.

"Did it hurt?" I asked.

"Like a bitch."

"Yeah, and I'm not as strong as you. So you obviously hit Riley a lot harder," I said and crossed my arms.

"I didn't mean to hit him. . .I just get so angry sometimes!" he said.

"Learn to control it. If I find out you ever hit Riley like that again, I'm going to do more than slap you," I said.

"Why do you care so much about him? He's my brother."

"He's helped break down a lot of barriers with Luca. Without him, Luca would still be eating alone at lunch. I owe him a lot for helping us out. He's a good kid and has a big heart. I don't want people like you to break it," I said. The late bell rang and Michael sighed.

"I admit it, you're right. I need to stop being an asshole to him," he said and I smiled.

"Good, now let's get to class." We walked out of the bathroom and to our first period.