Chapter Forty-Three

(Riley's Pov)

As I walked away from Luca, I couldn't help but feel a little bad. Him screaming he's a fuck up hurt me. I don't know why, though. I hate him. He hurt me and there's no fixing that.

The way he looked at me, though. . .that caused me to feel guilty. I am acting a little too rude I think. I should've just ignored him, not yell at him. "He's threw up in the bathroom and is bawling his eyes out," Joshua said, as he walked up to us.

"Just like I was last week," I said.

"Riley, you should hear him out," he said.

"No, he should leave me alone," I said.

"Fine, don't say I didn't tell you when you find out the real reason he dumped you."

"Do you know?" I asked.

"No," he said.

"Then don't act like I'm the one in the wrong here," I said. He sighed and I went into my math class that I'm sure Luca's going to skip.

Yes, I'm being rude. I can't help it. I've been in this mood since I got the text message. This is also why I hate Luca. He changed me. I just wish he would go away so I don't have to deal with this.

(Luca's Pov)

After I cried my eyes out through first, second, and third period, I thought I should go to lunch and try talking to Riley again. Or at least one of his friends. Once I got to lunch, I saw Riley sitting with his friends at my old table. I took a deep breath, wiped my eyes, and walked over to them. "R-Riley?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes at me before saying, "What do you want now?"

"P-Please l-let m-m-me talk t-to you."

"I am, and I want you to stop. You ruined my life, Luca. You made me get attached and then you left."

"I wonder where he inherited leaving from? Oh, wait," Chester said. They all laughed except Joshua. I felt my self start to scratch at my wrists.

"N-No, don't s-say th-that," I begged. I know they're talking about my parents.

"Why? It's true," Kyla said. A sob escaped my lips and I started scratching harder. Luckily, my table is in the back.

"Luca, stop," Joshua said, while staring at my arm.

"J-Just let m-me e-explain," I said. Riley ignored me and put his earbuds in. I felt my heart break again. I could feel my nails get deeper, but I needed the pain. I deserve it anyways.

I ran out of the cafeteria and into the bathroom again. "Th-They h-hate me," I whispered. I can't believe I made them hate me. I then remembered what Riley said the day I told him I cut.

"Luca, nothing you could say will make us stop being friends. Unless it was something extremely hurtful and you meant it, but that would never happen."

It did happen. The sad part is, I didn't mean it. I can't believe they made fun of my parents leaving. Did they ever care? They promised me they wouldn't use anything I told them against me. Here we are now. My life is falling apart and there's nothing I can do about it.

I started crying again and pulled my knees up to my chest. I just got out of the hospital for this, and I'm already going back to my usual self. I'm just a stupid mistake. My own parents didn't want me. I want to crawl into a hole and die.

(Joshua's Pov)

"What the fuck?!" I yelled, as Luca ran out again.

"What?" Riley asked. "He deserved that."

"You guys are a bunch of assholes! You brought up his fucking parents! We promised him we would never use his past against him!"

"And he said he needed me," he said. "He lied."

"Riley, do you not understand?! He told us this would happen. He told us we would hate him eventually and we promised that would never happen. Luca isn't just some kid who broke your heart, he did it for a reason. If you would let him explain, we can figure out why."

"I don't want an explanation. I want my life to go back to normal," Riley said.

"Whatever, when Luca's dead maybe you'll regret doing this, but I'm not going to let it get that far," I said.

"He's not going to kill himself over us. We're just random kids that go to the same school," Becky said. I rolled my eyes and got up. I walked to the bathroom and went inside to see Luca sobbing on the floor. I locked the door and knelt down beside him.

"Luca?" I asked.

"G-Go away. I-I've learned m-my l-l-lesson," he said.

"No, Luca, I'm sorry about them. They're idiots who don't know when to quit. Riley is hurt. I've only seen this happen one other time. His parents almost got a divorce and Riley was the meanest person when it happened. But, his parents worked things out. I'm sorry they brought up your past. I yelled at them for it. I just wanted to make sure you're alright," I said.

"D-Do I l-look a-alright?" he sobbed.

"What happened? Why did you break up with him?" I asked.

"I-I'm stupid. I-I th-thought he was g-g-going t-to break u-up with me," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I-I can't have s-s-sex," he mumbled. "I-I was s-so u-upset S-Storm had to c-call th-the police and s-sedate me. I th-then had t-to g-go to a-a mental hosp-pital for t-treatment."

"Oh, my god, Luca," I said and hugged him. "How are you feeling now?" I asked.

"L-Like I-I want to d-die," he whispered.

"Once Riley finds out, he'll go back to normal. I'm so sorry they're putting you through even more hell."

"D-Don't tell h-h-him," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"H-He might u-use i-it against m-me," he mumbled.

"I don't think so, but I won't tell him. Just give him some time," I said. Luca nodded and I let him go.

"Th-Thanks."

"No problem. I'll see you later, Luca, the bell's about to ring," I said. He nodded and I walked out of the bathroom. Riley better not torture Luca anymore, or else I'll have no choice but to make him listen to him.

*Not very long at all, but it's kind of a filler. Tell me what you want to see next! Don't forget to comment and vote! Thanks for reading! I love you all! <3*