Chapter Thirty-Eight

(Luca's Pov)

"Hey, Luca, how was your first day back?" Tyler asked as I got into Storm's car.

"F-Fine," I said.

"What's in the bag?" Storm asked as he looked into the rear-view mirror.

"O-Oh, um, R-Riley gave m-m-me a-a teddy b-bear he m-made."

"That was nice of him. Any reason why?" Tyler asked.

"H-He knows I-I c-collect p-plushies, so h-he g-gave me o-one," I said and they nodded. Storm drove us to our house and once he parked the car I ran inside to my room. I put my backpack down and took the bear out of the bag. I set on my shelf with all the other plush toys I got from Storm and Tyler. I can't believe he wants to go on a date with me.

"He doesn't. He just wants to get you to love him so he can break you. That's what you deserve and that's what you'll get," the voice said.

"N-No, y-you're wrong," I whispered.

"Am I?" What if it's right? What if I do end up with a broken heart? It wouldn't be the only thing that would be broken. If Riley is planning on doing this all for a joke, he would kill any happiness I have left. He's helped me through so much. When Storm hurt me, Riley was there. When Jeffree and his crew were bullying me, Riley stopped them. He helped me knock down one of the many walls I built. I can't lose him. He saved me from the path of self-destruction. He helped me make friends. I've never had any before now. He's even started helping me with my stutter. I don't stutter as much as I used to because I'm not a nervous-wreck all the time. I don't dread going to school as much because I know I'll see his beautiful face when I walk through the doors. I know it's stupid since I'm only thirteen, but I feel like I love him. Actually, I know I do. He says he loves me but I know it's still meant as a friendship. I love him as the love of my life. I want to marry him. I want to grow old with him. Maybe even raise a kid. I just want him.

The sad part is, it won't happen. I know it won't. He'll get tired of me. Annoyed with me. Frustrated at how long it's taking for me get better. And let's not forget this might all be a cruel joke. The biggest reason, though? I can't be intimate. I can't let him see my body. If anybody even brings up any sexual jokes, I get flashbacks and panic attacks. He's going to get older and normal teenagers like to get sexual. I'm not normal. I just wish I could be. He is, though. He will want to have sex in the future, and I won't be able to give it to him. Nobody wants to be with someone they can't be intimate with. This sudden realization is scaring me. I feel like I'm having a panic attack.

I steadied myself by holding onto my dresser. I feel like I'm going to faint from lack of air. I can't breathe. I need help to calm down. "S-STORM!" I yelled and slid down the wall. I wrapped my arms around myself and started crying. I can't lose him. I need him. If I lose him I have no reason to live.

"Luca?!" Storm yelled and I heard him and Tyler running up the stairs. I shut my eyes tightly and felt tears running down my cheeks. I opened my eyes and saw Storm in front of me. He knelt down and placed both his hands on my shoulders. "Luca, what happened?" he asked in panic.

"I-I can't b-breathe. I'm s-s-scared. H-Help m-me," I begged. My breathing was getting worse and worse. I could feel myself start to black out. Flashbacks of my past were filling my head and I just want them to stop.

I started hitting the back of my head on the wall. I need them to stop. I don't want to see anymore. "Luca!? Stop! You're going to hurt yourself!" Storm yelled.

"I-I need th-them t-to s-stop!" I screamed and pulled at my hair. All I can hear is my uncle telling me how worthless I am. How no one will love me. I'm just a used piece of garbage. I could start to feel my Uncle's touch. Him grabbing my arm and rubbing it slowly like I'm some kind of sex doll. I scratched at my arms until all I could feel was pain. Storm tried to grab my arms but I started kicking. I need to get rid of this feeling. The only way to do that is to feel something else. All I have is pain.

"LUCA! NO, STOP!" Storm screamed as I kept kicking. He kept on trying to grab me but I ended up kicking him hard in his chest. He fell back and I think I knocked the wind out of him. He started coughing but I just kept on trying to get the feeling off.

(Storm's Pov)

Once Luca kicked me in my chest I felt like I couldn't breathe. He knocked the wind out of me and I knew this wasn't his normal panic attack. I don't know what set him off. He seemed fine a half an hour ago. As I tried to get some air into my lungs I got up slowly and got my phone out of my pocket. I need help with this. I can't have Luca hurt himself even more. "Tyler, try to hold him down while I call the police," I said.

"Okay," Tyler said and tried to grab Luca's hands. Luca's eyes were closed but he was still screaming. It's like he forgot where he was. He's not sleeping, but he thinks he's back at our uncle's house.

I dialed 9-1-1 and once they answered I said, "My brother is having a terrible panic attack. He's scratching at himself and banging his head against the wall. He won't listen to me and isn't calming down. We're trying to hold him down but he's thrashing around. I need help so he doesn't hurt himself even more." The lady asked for our address and I told her. Less than five minutes later a paramedic and policeman rushed into our house and into Luca's room.

"We're going to have to sedate him," the paramedic said as we tried to get Luca to calm down. I nodded and the paramedic got a needle and stuck it in him. Luca's screams turned quiet and he slowly went unconscious.

"Sir, do you know why he became like this?" the policeman asked.

"I don't know what triggered it. He just screamed for help since he couldn't breathe and then started banging his head on the wall before scratching his arms. I usually can calm him down but this was nowhere close to how his panic attacks usually are," I said.

"We're going to bring him in to check out his head and clean up his arms. He'll stay overnight to make sure this doesn't happen again. Follow us in your car," the paramedic said. I nodded and Tyler and I got into my car. They loaded Luca in the ambulance and I glanced at Tyler as we waited for them to start driving. Tyler looked like he was going to have a panic attack of his own, but I'm sure I wasn't much better.

"I've never seen him this upset before. . ." Tyler mumbled.

"It's been years since I've seen him like this. I don't know what made him so upset. He said he had a good day at school. Why would he randomly start thinking about our uncle?" I asked.

"I have no idea. Maybe he saw or heard something that reminded him of him? Or he could've just thought too hard about it. He's had some serious traumatic experiences. Memories of it could've just randomly popped into his head. I just can't believe he started banging his head on the wall," Tyler said.

"Whatever is in his head, he really wants it to go away. I know he gets bad nightmares and scratches during them, but he's never done this during the day. And he's never tried to bash his head open. He must be hiding a lot more than he lets on," I said.

"I thought you said he was opening up more?" Tyler asked.

"I thought he was. . .he still must not trust me or something. I can understand why with what I said, but I thought we got through that?" I said.

"I don't know, we'll get through this though. You guys are apart of my family, I'll be here every step of the way."

"Thanks, Ty," I said and the ambulance pulled out. I started following it to the hospital and kept on thinking about anything that could've caused this.

*I know, this chapter is random. But! I have a plan. You will learn why this chapter is so important. It may not make sense now but you will see! Comment and tell me what you think! I know most of you won't like it because of how random it is, but I promise it will answer a lot of your past questions. Also, I'm getting back into writing since I feel a little better. I was stuck with the last chapter but I should be getting back on track with updating. I hope you enjoyed a special second update in one day! Don't forget to comment and vote! I love you all! Thanks for reading! <3*