Chapter Fifty-Eight

(Riley's POV)

"How was he?" Storm asked.

"He was okay. The medicine made him loopy," I said as I walked back into the waiting room. I decided to let Luca sleep and take a break from everything. I am emotionally drained from all that has happened.

"Are you okay?" Storm asked.

"Yeah, I'm just tired," I said.

Storm sighed and said, "Same here. It's been a long day." I nodded and sat down next to him. "Riley?"

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I never really thanked you for everything you've done. Luca has come a long with with you and I don't know where we would be if you hadn't stood up for him that day. Hell, he may not be here at all. You saved us, Riley, and I don't think I could ever repay you."

"Luca has helped me so much, too. You both have actually. That's why it upsets me so much when Luca says he's not important. Without him. . . .I don't know where I would be. I have so many issues he doesn't know about, but still helps me with. I need him as much as he needs me. He's my best friend and I truly love him," I said. Storm still doesn't know that we're dating, so I have to be careful with what I say. 

"I'm glad you guys are best friends. Did he tell you anything about him falling into the water?" Storm asked. 

"I didn't get a straight answer, but he accidentally told me that Adam had something to do with it," I said. 

Storm's eyes darkened and he mumbled, "That fucking bastard."

"Storm Miles?" We looked up and saw a doctor standing at the entrance to the waiting room. 

"Yes?" Storm asked. 

"We need to have a word with you about Luca," she said. Storm got up and followed the doctor into her office. I sat back in my seat and sighed. What could she be talking to Storm about? 

(Storm's POV)

I followed the doctor into her office and she shut the door. "What's this about?" I asked. 

"My name is Dr. Wayne. I'm Luca's assigned doctor. When we took Luca's wet clothes off we noticed scars. A lot of them actually. We pulled up his records and saw he has been an in-patient for suicidal thoughts, self-harm, etc." 

"Yeah, he just got out," I said. 

"Well, we noticed something fresh on his thigh. It was words carved into his skin," she said and my heart stopped. 

"What words?" I asked, trying to stay calm. I could feel myself breaking on the inside. How could Luca still hurt himself? Why would he still hurt himself? He promised to stop. He promised to come to me.

"Fuck-up was carved into his thigh." 

"Fuck-up? Why would he do that? He seemed like he was doing so well," I said.

"You'll have to find out," she said. 

"Thank you for telling me," I said and got up. I walked out of the office and back into the waiting room. I need to talk to Riley.

(Riley's POV)

Storm walked back into the waiting room with a sad look on his face. "What's wrong?" I asked. 

"I need to talk to you," he said. 

"Okay," I said and he sat down next to me. 

"Did you know that Luca hurt himself again?" he asked. 

I bit my lip before saying, "Yes." I looked away from Storm since I knew he would be disappointed for not telling him. 

"Why didn't you tell me?"