Chapter Twenty-Two

(Luca's Pov)

Storm pulled up to the curb and got out of the car. He ran over to me and crouched down next to me. "Luca? Luca, what happened?! Are you okay?!" he asked in panic. I shook my head no and took a deep breath to try and stop crying.

"N-No. . ." Was all I got out before I started crying again. Storm picked me up and put me in the car. He buckled me in and then got in the drivers side. He put the car into drive and started driving home.

"Luca, is that blood?!" Storm asked while he stopped at a stoplight.

"Y-Yes. . ." I said and he looked scared. He started to drive home, faster than he was supposed to and pulled into the driveway. He helped me out of the car and carried me into the house. He set me on the couch before running into the kitchen to get the first aid kit.

"Okay, Luca, now tell me what happened," Storm said, trying to act calm. I wiped my eyes and bit my lip. I told Storm everything and didn't lie about anything. I even told him about mine and Chester's little argument outside.

"I-I'm so s-sorry f-for s-saying the F-word," I finished and Storm hugged me tightly.

"Don't apologize, I would've said the same thing. Let me see your arms," he said and let me go. I showed him my arms and he cleaned them up and bandaged them. "Luca, you can't let what they say get to you. Yes, Chester didn't do the right thing but that doesn't mean he was using you," Storm said and I sighed.

"B-But that's a-all I-I'm good for," I mumbled and Storm's eyes darkened.

"Don't ever say that again. Luca, do you hear me? That evil, sick bastard put that in your head and I want to kill him for it." I knew Storm was telling the truth and that shocked me.

"B-But th-they said-"

"I don't care what they said! You listen to me, not them!" Storm said sternly and I nodded.

"Wh-What am I-I g-going to do?" I cried as I put my face in my hands. "I r-ruined it."

"Luca, if they are your true friends, which I think they are, they'll let you explain."

"B-But they d-don't kn-know about my p-past."

Storm bit his lip and said, "I'm not saying to tell them every last detail but maybe, if you trust them enough, tell them a little bit about it. That will help them understand. I'll help you if you want. We can invite them over and all talk."

I nodded and said, "I-I don't th-think th-they want anything t-to do w-with me though."

"I'm sure that's not true. You may have said some hurtful things but everyone does. Luca, I'm not saying this is going to make everything perfect, because it's not. But it will help patch some of the holes in the road to your recovery." The way he put it made me smile. A real smile.

"Y-You really th-think so?" I asked.

"I know so. Now, lets get your jacket off so we can wash it. I know how much you like it so we don't want it to stain," Storm said and I nodded. I took my jacket off leaving me in my black t-shirt. He took the jacket and put it in the wash and then sat back down on the couch. We heard the doorbell ring and he took the bowl of candy and walked up to the door. He gave candy to the little kids in their costumes and then came back over to me. He handed me a small pack of gummy bears and I smiled. "And if all else fails to make you happy, I know candy will help." I giggled and opened the candy. I ate some and smiled knowing that Storm was right.

(Riley's Pov)

I walked out of the bathroom with Joshua and bit my lip. "Riley, please don't cry," Joshua begged. I forced a smile even though there were tears in my eyes.

"I'm not, why would I cry? Luca said we were never friends so why would I cry over someone who isn't even apart of my life?" I said and Joshua looked at me sadly.

"Riley, we all know that's not true. Luca was close to you and you were close to him. It's not his fault that he said those things-" I cut Joshua off and looked at him confused.

"What do you mean it isn't his fault? How isn't it? He knew what he was saying and he meant them," I said slightly angry.

"Do you really not know?" Joshua asked.

"Know what?"

"Luca is mentally ill. He probably has a whole bunch of mental problems and it's obvious he has issues. He's not right in the head," Joshua said and my eyes widened.

Chester came up to us and said, "What do you mean he's mentally ill?"

"Yeah, if he's mental shouldn't he be in a mental hospital?" I asked confused.

"You two really have no idea?" Joshua asked us.

"No," we said and Joshua sighed. We followed him to our table and saw that Kyla and Becky left.

"They decided to go home once I told them what happened," Chester said and we nodded.

Joshua looked at us and said, "So, do you want to know about Luca or continue hating him?"

"I don't hate him! I'm just very upset right now. . ." I said and Chester nodded in agreement.

"Like I said, Luca is mentally ill. I don't know what disorders he has and he may not know himself. He's not mentally stable so the littlest things can set him off. Chester, when you called him a liar it obviously set something off in his head from his past. When he said that we were using him Jeffree must of triggered something else, too. Luca probably has anger issues and depression. That day when he was pushing people away he was depressed. We can't let him shut people out when that happens. We're his friends and we need to help him. You all saw his busted knuckles, right?" We nodded. "Well, he might of punched something on purpose or he might of blacked out."

"What do you mean black out?" Chester asked and Joshua sighed.

"Where he doesn't know what he's doing. It's like he's unconscious but breaks things while he is," Joshua explained.

"How do you know all this?" Chester asked.

"My older sister used to be just like Luca. Minus the horrid nightmares and scratching."

"Oh my god, I feel like shit," Chester said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I went outside to get some fresh air and I saw Luca. I was still very angry so I sort of said some things I regret. . ." Chester said and I bit my lip.

"How did Luca take it?" I asked.

"He basically exploded at me. He said he hated me, hated you guys, and worst of all. . .hated himself. He also said the F-word a bunch of times," Chester said and my eyes widened.

"He hates himself?" I whispered.

"It's pretty common for people with depression to feel that way," Joshua said. "It's hard to change that thought but you should always try to help them with it."

"We have to help Luca! Even if it means getting hurt by him in the process," I said and they nodded.

"Agreed," they both said and I smiled.

"Then we'll figure out how we'll do this on Monday at school. Deal?" I asked.

"Deal," they both said and I smiled. We're going to help Luca and nothing anyone says is going to change that.