Chapter 21: Reunion

"Welcome home!" 8 people grinned widely and one held a cake that said "Welcome to L.A. Family Woolley!" I tried saying something but I couldn't. In front of me was no other family standing than the Lynches plus Ellington. "I think she's speechless.", Rocky whispered. "Are you alright?", Ross asked. I nodded. "Yes of course! I'm just surprised. It's absolutely amazing to see you! Come in!" Rydel, who held the cake, placed it into Riker's hands and came towards me to hug me tight. They all hugged me what was followed by a big "hello" after my family came to the door and everybody was reunited. Ross even lifted me from the ground. "Now show us your new home!", Riker said and so I went upstairs with my siblings, and the younger Lynches and Ellington and my parents stayed with Mark and Stormie. "Oh wow your rooms are sooooo beautiful!", Rydel squealed after looking into each one. "Do you like the sea?" Ross examined my petrol colored room. I nodded and we headed back down to our parents. "Hey, Bri, I need to talk to you." "What's up, Rydel?" "Well I noticed that there is something with you and Ross." I stopped before the steps and turned to face her, before taking her hand and dragging her into my room. "What?" "You like him, don't you?" "I don't know. Would that be a bad thing?" "No not at all! I mean you two are really cute together and it would be amazing!" "But?" This conversation didn't feel good. What does she want to tell me? Rydel opened her mouth to say something but in that moment my mom called us. "Bria, Rydel? Are you coming? We'll have tea and cake together!" "Coming!", I screamed. "Now, what is it Delly?" "Ah it's not that important! Maybe another time.", she smiled and pretended like nothing happened. Oh oh. Not good. But maybe she did mean it. Maybe it wasn't that important. For now I'll just be happy to have my friends back and deal with Ross someday else.
We had to bring another table outside so all of us could sit down and enjoy cake and tea. Suddenly I got a nudge in my side from Rydel. I looked up and she nodded her head towards inside. We both got up and entered the living room. "What I wanted to tell you before is that I really believe in you!" I looked at her in absolute confusion. "What?", I said. "Look, before Paris Ross was a bit of a player. But since Paris and well, since you, he hasn't behaved like that at all. I really hope that you two come together, but I wanted to tell you this before. I don't want you to get hurt so I thought you should know." All these words came out of Delly's mouth pretty fast so I had to take a minute to understand what she just said. "Alright, thanks I guess.", I smiled. We both went back to our families and enjoyed the rest of the day. I didn't know whether to be glad that she told me this or not. I wasn't sure about me and Ross anyway but this didn't help to make it better. And the fact that Ross seemed to look over at me and grinning at me made me even more insecure. What does this boy do to me?