Chapter 5: France

France was great. It has such a great culrure and I always was interested in the European history. Kings, Queens, wars, churches and so much more. Furthermore there is this amazing architecture! I don't know much about it, but its is just wonderful looking at all these beautiful buildings and memorials. I had so much fun with my family. My parents finally were relaxed and enjoyed our vacation and my siblings. Well they were just as crazy and awesome as always. One time Gerogina and I were walking through the streets in Nancy and sang our favorite songs out loud. We earned many strange looks but also some impressed ones. We might look wierd but we have nice voices and can sing really good. Even Dylan wasn't ashamed of us, he even sang with us. There were some moments where we were totally bored, because mom and dad were into some random builgings a bit too much, but we always found something to cheer us up. The thing you musn't forget: the food. It was just awesome! It all tasted so good and different.The people were really nice and hospitable.

After one and a half weeks touring to many beautiful cities like Metz, Nancy, Dijon and Strasbourg we slowly headed towards our and especially my highlight of our vacation: PARIS. I was so looking forward to this! I've heard so much about this city! It should be magical! Amazing history. Beautiful buildings. Fashion designer. Famous sights. And of course its most popular nickname: the city of love. Well, maybe I will find someone, too. What if I find THE one. At the thoughts of falling in love passionately and having romantic moments in one of the most romantic cities of the world made me smile. "Why are you smiling like this? You look like you just smoked weed and you are high now!" "Excuse me, Zac?! You should not know about those things in your age!", I said tousling through his hair. "And just for the record: I've never smoked anything and I was just thinking of something joyful! Is that forbidden?" "No. Just go ahead! It looked kinda cute when you walked smiling so happily!" "Ohhhhhhh you're such a sweetie!" I gave him a kiss on his head. "Ok that's enough now!" I laughed and went on. Dylan looked very sad. He kicked stones out of his way while walking with his head down. I ran up to him. "Hey, what's up with you?" "I am thinking about something." "What is it?" "Well, Carry texted me and asked me about us breaking up. She asked me whether I think that would be good." "Oh no. What did you say? And what was her opinion?" "She said that she thinks it would be better. I mean we are now in France and in a few weeks I will be in L.A. and she will be in Chicago. Such relationships never work out very long." "Well I would said that, too, actually." "Yes I know that it would be better." "Hey we are in Paris soon. Maybe you will find a nice summer romance there.", I said laughing and bopped him in his shoulder. He laughed as well but then looked sad again. "But what about L.A.?" I smiled and had an idea. I got my phone and headphone out of my pocket. "Here." I gave him one of the earplugs. He put it in his ear and I did the same with the other one. Then I looked at my song list. Soon I found what I was looking for. 'Drop top, sitting next to Cee-Lo. Pacific coast highway, this happens everyday.' He started laughing and nodding his head to the beat. "Just listen to the experts!", I smiled. So did he and wrapped one arm around me. "Thanks Bri." We listened to this and some other songs and with every new one, Dylans mood got better.

Now there is only one day left. Tomorrow I will be in the city of my dreams. I was too excited to sleep but I wanted to sleep! I hade to be awake when I am in Paris. So I got out my iPod, switched it on and let R5 sing me into a deep sleep.