Chapter 2: Spreading the news

I felt how I slowly calmed down. I wasn't that angry anymore but now the sadness came back and overran me. I heard a knock on the door. "Can I come in?", said Gina as she looked inside my room. I nodded. She came in and layed on my bed next to me. "How are you feeling about the news?", I asked her. "As bad as you! I really was looking forward to Singapore, I wanted to see Steve again." Steve was Della's younger brother and I know, that she had a crush on him. "And about moving to California. Well Cali is great but what about my friends?! What are you listening to?" I gave her one of my headphones, she put it in her ear and we listened to the music together. She leaned her head against my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around her. She was right! Cali is absolutely awesome! But the thoughts of leaving her friends behind makes it less great. Zac entered the room. "You should see Dylan right now! He is dicussing with mom and dad because of this moving thing. He says he can't move beause of Carry!" " I gotta write Della!" I stood up of my bed and sat down in front of my computer. I wrote her a very long message in which I told her everything. The changing of our vacation and our move to Cali.

The rest of the day we all were in a very bad mood. I went to my room early and tried to detract myself from the day but not even watching TV could cheer me up. So I went to the bathroom, made me ready for bed, switched my music on and layed down in my bed again. The music made me fall asleep very soon.

On the next day I got up, got dressed, made my make up and hair and went down to eat breakfast. I didn't speak one word with my parents. I was too disappionted. So when my mother said "Bye, have a nice day at school!" I just rushed out of the door and headed to the bus stop. "Hey Bri. How's it going?", asked my friend Aubrey. She was standing around with another friend of mine, Casey. I was saying nothing and gave them a look which meant 'Later'. As soon as Olivia and Frankie arrived, they greeted us and because all 4 were my friends they knew that something wasn't right. In our first break we sat down on our place under the cherry tree and I had to tell them everything. When I was finished they all looked at me shocked and sad. "No! You can't move as well!", Frankie said. "I know, but even trying to convince my parents to stay is useless!" "I know that might sound a bit strange", Casey started. "But if it is really useless, we have to enjoy our time as long as we can!" "Yes. You are right! The holidays start in 3 weeks and when you are back we will have another 2, so we have a good time, so you will never forget us!", Olivia said. "I will never forget you girls! You are my best friends!" Then Olivia started smiling. "Actually I'm a bit jealous! I mean you're moving to Cali! There are so many celebreties you could meet!" "Yes!", the others agreed. "Yes and with my luck I will meet every one!", I said sarcasticly. We talked about our trip and about all the famous people I could meet as the bell rang and we had to go back to class.

When I came home my mood was a bit better. My father looked up, as I sat down at the table. "Hey hun, how was your day?" "Could have been better. Why aren't you at work?" "Because we are planning the final details of our trip to France. Come here I tell you." I had to admit: the trip sounded amazing! We will go to many amazing cities like Reims, Nancy, Metz, Troyes and of course: Paris! Even Disneyland Paris! That sounded so good, that I actually was really excited about the vacation, but I couldn't show my parents. I wanted them to feel bad a bit longer. "And I will show you something even better!" WOW! Dad showed us our new house in Cali and it was awesome! Big and beautiful with everything you dream of. (picture on the right) "Say thank you to our boss, who made all this possible!" 'Thank you Mr. Hobs!' Ok. I don't want to, but I have to say: I am so looking forward to Cali! I looked at my siblings. We all looked at each other with the same expression. 'Damn it, but this all sounds and looks absolutely great!'