Chapter 15: Jealous

ERIC'S POV

"You're giving me creeps, Eric. Stop smiling like an idiot!" Sweetheart said while giggling 

I just shook my head, with my smile never leaving my face. I get the folders she brought.

Fallon doesn't want me to leave so I asked Sweetheart's secretary to bring the files that I have to sign. Sweetheart said that she'll bring it herself instead.

I scanned the documents before signing it. When I was done, she's busy fidgeting her phone.

"Here it is. Thank you" I smiled at her

She lifted the frame beside my bed.

"Your daughter is so beautiful, Eric. Can I see her?" she asked with a big and hopeful smile.

I nodded my head. I get off the bed. "Let's go out so you can see her. Hindi mo ba nakita kanina sa sala?" tanong ko sa kanya

She shook her head while putting the folders on her case. "Nope"

I comb my hair with my fingers and redo the tying of it on a man bun. Fallon said I look handsome on it so I have second thoughts about cutting my hair. I heard her that night when she said she finds me pogi.

"So you volunteered to bring the documents by yourself so that you can see my daughter?" I asked her

"Partly, yes. But the main reason is I want to see the special girl. I am so d-amn curious about that Tere you keep on talking about. Is she the one who brought me here?" she asked in a teasing tone.

I knotted my forehead. "Yes, that's Fallon, I called her Tere. But there's nothing special between us. She's here for my daughter and nothing more" 

I ignored the weird feeling I had upon admitting that there's nothing special between us.  

She smiled. It's showing that she's not believing what I've said. "The way I see things, it's the other way around. I can still remember how she rolled her eyes when you called me 'Sweetheart'. And how your eyes sparkled upon seeing her" she teased

I frowned at her. "You're imagining things then" 

"Uh-huh. And pigs do fly" she smirk at me. "Kailan ba ako nagkamali sa mga ganitong bagay? I was right on my observations with Erica and Clifford. And I am positive on this one" she confidently raised a brow on me

I rolled my eyes on her. "Tsamba mo lang 'yon sa kanila. And she's always like that whenever I'm around"

"No! Iba talaga 'yong mukha niya when you called me Sweetheart" she insisted

I crossed my arms at my chest. "And what's wrong with me calling you by your name?"

She smiled wider this time. "Since when did you became that dense, Eric?" she rolled her eyes. "She thought that you are calling me on an endearment. Malay ba niya na Sweetheart ang pangalan ko?" she giggled like a teenager. "I told you naman kasi na SC ang itawag sakin"

"Sweetheart na ang nakasanayan ko. Ang tamis-tamis mo kasi" 

She frowned. "Blame your favorite ninang for that. Who in her right mind would name her daughter after a corny endearment?"

I smirked at her. "Ninang Vina did"

"Because she's not on her right mind! My mother is insane" she hissed

"Mana-mana lang 'yan" natatawang sabi ko at inakbayan na siya.

Sweetheart hated her name ever since.