Chapter 48: Too Much

ERIC'S POV

I watch her while she's sleeping. Nakatulog na s'ya sa kakaiyak.

I feel tranquility while looking at her beautiful face. I gently stroke her hair.

I can't name the emotion I have as of the moment. It's like I've been holding my breath for so long, and now I can finally breathe. Para akong nabunutan ng malaking tinik.

Now that I am here, I won't let anything to hurt her.

Ayoko nang isipin ang mga 'paano kaya' at mga 'kung sana', ang mahalaga ngayon, nandito na ko. Ako na ang magsisilbing lakas n'ya sa laban na 'to. At hinding-hindi na ko aalis sa tabi n'ya.

I carefully get her hand. I look at the ring on her finger.

God, I love this lady too much. Too much that it will be my death if I lose her. Thank you for enlightening me at the right time. Thank you for protecting her from the harm this world can give. Thank you for getting me at the right place at the right time. Thank you for giving strength and courage to face life when I'm not around to support her. Thank you for keeping her safe. And thank you for bringing her back in my arms

I kiss the back of her palm. I can feel my eyes weeping.

Hindi ko maipaliwanag 'yong takot na naramdaman ko. And now that I am relieve, I feel so emotional.

Who would have thought, that this lovely lady will be my weakness. Kahit kailan, hindi pa ko natakot nang ganito. Takot na takot ako, na kung nahuli ako ng dating, napahamak na s'ya. I swear, hindi ko talaga mapapatawad ang sarili ko kung may masamang nangyari sa kanya.

Isipin ko pa lamang na magkakaroon ng ibang lalaki sa buhay n'ya, nasusuka na ako. At isipin ko pa lamang ang mararamdaman n'ya, na pandidirihan n'ya ang sarili n'ya, tangina, baka makapatay ako.

Kaya salamat talaga at hindi nahuli ang dating ko.

"Eric" paos pa na tawag n'ya sakin.

Ngumiti ako sa kanya at hinalikan ang noo n'ya. "Sorry, nagising kita" masuyong sabi ko at hinaplos ang buhok n'ya.

Matamlay na ngumiti s'ya at pinikit muli ang mga mata. Pumulupot ang isang braso n'ya sa katawan ko.

"Thank you" bahagyang nanginig pa nag boses n'ya. Umiiyak na naman.

Ginagap ko ang mukha n'ya at hinarap sakin. Pinahid ko ang mga luha n'ya gamit ang hinlalaki ko.

"Please stop crying" pakiusap ko sa kanya.

She sobs. "Masaya lang ako na nandito ka na"

May kakaibang init na humaplos sa puso ko.

I can't explain the gratitude I felt knowing that she needs me as much as I need her. That she loves me the same way I love her.

I kiss her forehead.

"I love you" I gently whisper

I kiss the tip of her nose.

"I love you too" she replied.

I look intently in her eyes. It's shimmering with tears. But still the most beautiful pair I've ever seen. It can show my worth as a person. It can show how I am love as a man. It expresses the most exceptional affection I can ask for.

This love is both my strength and weakness. She's my weakness, so as my strength.

And I am lucky to feel this kind of emotion. I am blessed that I can love like this. And I am fortunate that I am loved like this.