Chapter 2

"Before you get mad," I started with my pointer finger up as my handsome Mate stormed outside the house. Just as he stopped in front of me, I jumped into his arms pressing a quick kiss to his lips. "It was my fault."

"Why?" he responded.

"I wanted to drive and I might have broken some rules." At the expression on his face, I took a deep breath in. "I got pulled over twice by the same officer. The first time he pulled me over was because he said I was speeding but I could have sworn I was going at the same speed as everyone else. So that's why when he turned his sirens on, I didn't know I was supposed to stop. I just thought I was in his way so I drove faster to get out of his way."

Thaddeus stared at me incredulously. From his look alone, I hesitated to continue.

"He gave me a ticket and tried to arrest me for not having my drivers license on me-"

"Which you're always supposed to have when driving," Ben mumbled.

"Oliver helped us out of that but then the officer pulled us over again a few moments later because of some stupid reason-"

"You didn't signal when you were turning," Oliver mumbled.

"So now I have a total of six tickets and I'm not allowed to drive for some time," I finished, trailing my eyes away from my mates shocked expression. I retrieved the tickets from my back pocket and handed them over to him. He skimmed them over, his eyebrows shifting higher as he read through them.

"You are not allowed to drive again," he murmured, shaking his head in disappointment.

I forced out an apology but he sighed and nodded at Ben and Oliver to which they both left for the night. Thaddeus turned and started making his way inside the house silently. I followed unsure of what he was thinking.

"I really am sorry Thaddeus, I'll pay for the tickets. I promise." At my words, Thaddeus looked even more perplexed then before.

"That's not it," he stated, as we entered the dining room.

I gasped at the sight. Inside the room, there were multiple candles lit up all over. A bottle of red wine sat on the wide table in between two plates of food. I surveyed the food and inhaled the delicious aroma of steak, mashed potatoes, and vegetables. I smiled to myself as I glanced up at Thaddeus. He was looking everywhere but at me. "Thaddeus?"

"It's been some time since everything happened and I never really got to thank you for everything. I know this isn't much-" I cut him off and wrapped my arms around him.

"This is perfect," I told him, words coming out muffled as I was pressed into his warmth. My Wolf yearned for more skin contact.

"I know our predicament is terrifying but I just think you deserve the best, always."

"Thank you so much and Thaddeus... I won't leave you even if times do get hard. We'll fight through it together," I responded. Taking a long deep inhale, Thaddeus pulled away before tugging my chair backwards. I smiled at him and sat down as he pushed the chair forward.

"I like your hair cut," he pressed his lips to the top of my head. Feeling a rush of heat rise to my cheeks, I only nodded.

He walked back over to his side and sat down just as I take a small bite out of the steak. The sizzling spice attacks my taste buds and I closed my eyes, savouring the flavor. "Did you make this?" I ask him after swallowing.

He nodded once. I dramatically sighed. "It's official. You're the chef in this relationship."

I watched amusement spark in his dark eyes before he began to eat. For a while, we're left in silence except for the sound of utensils against plates but he breaks it. "How was your day?"