Chapter 22 (unedited)

Alpha Thaddeus's POV

I lean over my desk and stare hard at the papers needing to be signed off and sent away. Normally, I wouldn't be doing this right now but I was behind paperwork because of my search for Annabel. I sigh and run my hand through my hair.

Jay was to be here in a few minutes. I summoned him to my office along with Ken. Sitting down, I go through the papers and begin signing them off. Jay, and sometimes even Ken would be doing these right now.

As I press the pen to the paper, an image of Annabel attacks me. Dropping the pen, I turn away from the door to my office and stare out the window behind me. I didn't want to admit it but I really needed her here.

The door opens and Ken and Jay walk in. "Alpha," they say in greetings. I don't say anything back.

Turning around, I face them getting right into business. "I'm sending four squads north, south, west, and east to look for her."

"I want you and Ken to organize four fighters and a tracker in each squad. Afterwards, see me for further instructions," I say turning around.

"That's twenty men," Ken points out.

I growl in annoyance. "What about border patrol and the individuals that take the kids to and from school?"

Turning back to face them, I slam my fist again. This time, a creak and a snap erupts and I watch as the pen I was holding before, falls to the ground.

"Border patrol will be the same as always except with one less person from each station. The guards taking the kids to and from school will be the same as well. Jay," he turns to me. "Find some of your most hardworking students and take a few. The rest, well we have plenty of fighters so take them."

Jay and Ken nod their uncertainty erased from their faces. They turn to leave but I remember something.

"Jay, get your Mate in check. I don't want to hear about rogues coming in and out the pack as they please or there will be consequences."

I watch as Jay's back tenses up. "That won't happen again," he says through gritted teeth. He leaves along with Ken quietly and without any further questions.

Beta Jay's POV

I turn to Ken as we walk away from the Alphas home. "I need to make sure my Mate doesn't try anything right now," I tell him. "Can I leave you to handle the organizing of the squad's? I'll be back in less than twenty minutes and I'll do the rest."

Ken nods. "The pack is unsettled right now," he states. I agree with him.

"We need to get people that won't ask questions," I point out. Ken nods and I leave him with that job.

I hurry back to my house and find the twins eating breakfast on the couch. Once they see me, they jump off the couch and look guilty for some odd reason. "What's wrong guys?"

"We didn't mean to sit on the couch and eat at the same time," says Kerin.

"We just wanted to watch TV," adds Kasin a bit scared.

"Guys it's fine," I reassure them observing the fear and the uncertain on both their identical faces. "You're allowed to do that. Now where's your sister?"

"She's upstairs changing," answers Kerin, as they both stay standing. They're both still watching me unsure like.

"Guys, it's fine to eat on the couch," I say slowly. Kerin is the first to sit back down making Kasin follow him. This is completely different compared to them yesterday.

I head upstairs and enter the room without knocking. Natalia jumps as I enter the room. "I could have been changing," she snapped.

"Enough of this Natalia," I tell her making her stiffen. "My Alpha knows about your little stunt last night and he's on edge. I don't need him getting angry and doing something to you or your brothers. So tell me everything I should know about you right now."