Chapter 15

Annabel's POV

"I think I just saw the curtains move on the far left window," I told Eunice who nodded her head. We had just woken up an hour ago and we were back at it. 

"There is movement upstairs and downstairs," Eunice confirmed, as we hid behind a few trees.

"We could always ask again," I told Eunice. From the look she gave me, I knew that was not an option.

"If we try to do that, we'll get murdered on the spot," she squinted at the house. "The only option we have is to reach whoever is in that house. But big honcho won't make this any easier."

"Then what?"

Eunice glanced at me. "I just said what our problem is, you have to explain our plan."

"All you did was summarise what we already know," I point out.

"Yes, but we're a two man team. One summarises our problem, the other explains our plan."

"Why can't I summarise the problem?" I stubbornly ask. My Wolf paces at the back of my mind clearly annoyed with my childish antics.

"Because you're Luna and people with that type of authority take charge."

I was about to argue but I realised she was right. Throughout this trip, I haven't done anything to prove my Luna status. I've just been complaining the entire time, letting Eunice take risks while I hid behind her. Just like how I did with Thaddeus.

Glancing back at the house, I try to think of a solution to this. "Before we do anything or continue on with your plans, can we go for breakfast first? I'm starved."

I nodded and glanced at her oddly. She was full of energy a few moments ago. "I think there was a coffee shop around here somewhere."

We left and made our way on foot to the coffee shop. As we entered, Eunice went straight to the line as I grabbed a table by the window for the both of us. I glanced at Eunice for a moment as she raised an eyebrow at me, asking if I wanted anything. I shook my head no, internally thanking her for the offer. Turning my head back to the window, I watched the movement outside. I continued to marvel at the city area as Eunice took a seat across from me.

"Hey," she snapped me out of my daze. She slid a muffin over to me and I glanced at her before she motioned for me to eat it. I also take notice of the extra cup of liquid in her hand. I smile thankful and take a swig of the drink. The taste of French Vanilla explodes in my mouth immediately relaxing my mind.

We eat in silence occasionally making a comment here and there but eventually we leave after finishing breakfast. We began to make our journey back. "So back to-"

I grabbed Eunice quickly and tugged her away from what my eyes caught real quick. Startled, Eunice stared at me before opening her mouth to say something. I slapped my hand over her mouth and turned her around showing her what I was watching.

"Big Honcho," Eunice murmured. Big Honcho indeed. The muscular intimidating man was walking across the street and heading into a small market. "I guess this is our time to find who else is in the house."

Nodding, we hurried to the house and paused awaiting any sign that someone might be here. "I think you should stay here and keep watch in case Big Honcho shows up."

"Alright, I'll whistle to warn you if he's coming." Nodding, I headed to the side of the house and listened closely for any movement. I don't sense any movement but I certainly sense a presence in there. Peeking through one of the dark windows, I make out a body still as a mouse sitting innocently in the middle of the living room.