Chapter 14

Beta Jay's POV

It's been a couple days since my mother and I have watched the footage of Annabel and the motel owner. Alpha Thaddeus and the group we had sent out had come back. As expected, they hadn't found the Luna and Alpha Thaddeus was even more agitated. He had ended up exchanging information with Alpha Benjamin from the Red Wolf pack before making the trip back home. For many reasons, my mother and I decided we had to keep what we know of Annabel and the motel owner a secret. 

When he returned, I had managed to introduce him to my Mate and the younger boys. I had found out she wasn't mute but instead was just really shy. I was nervous at first when I had to make the introduction. I wasn't sure how Thaddeus would take given his current state but I had to take a chance. I couldn't stand my mate being in that cold cage any longer. 

She had mumbled her name out: Natalia. Hearing the sound of her name falling from her lovely lips was amazing. It made my wolf want to come out and mark her then and there but we had more important things to do. She introduced the younger twins as her brothers, one named Kasin and the other was Kerin. Over the past few days, they stayed at my home. I introduced them to my parents but they were still all shy. 

Today, my parents would be leaving the pack to go out on a hunch they had about Annabel. They hadn't told me too much about it but I was sure it had something to do with the motel owner's death. While they got ready, I had just finished showing Natalia and her brothers around the pack. 

"This is the end of the tour." I turned to Natalia and her brothers Kerin and Kasin. "I hope you guys make yourselves at home here."

Natalia took it all in with a somewhat bored expression plastered on her face. She looked so beautiful. I guess waiting for a soul mate really paid off.

The two boys looked up to their sister warily who doesn't show any emotion on her face. I really need to ask her why she was acting so cold. By now it was obvious her brothers wanted to live, but she was hesitant. "Can I talk to her for a sec?" I told the boys, not really asking at the same time.

They stumbled away while I took a hold of Natalia's wrist and gently pulled her a few more steps away from them. I turned to face her taken aback by the sudden jolts of electricity I got from touching her. "What's wrong?"

She only looked away. "Natalia, what's wrong?"

She stiffened at the sound of her name. Turning to face me, she only glared. The usual. "Let's head to our new rooms shall we?" She asked with mock joy. I was taken aback.

"Not until you tell me why you dislike me so much."

She refused to answer and continued to glare at her shoes. I crossed my arms across my chest waiting for her answer. We stay like this for a while until a familiar face comes by.

"Beta Jay?"

"Hm?" I responded while keeping my eyes set on my Mate.

"I was wondering if you knew where Annabel was?"

Sighing, I removed my gaze from her turning to my Luna's friend, Cassie. "She's out of the pack right now running some errands."

"But it's been days," she pressed on. I felt Natalia's glance between us. "How long will it take?"

"I don't know Cassandra. Just stop with the questions. She'll be back when she's back," her eyes widened for a split second before bowing her head down and scurried away.

"What was that about?" I turn to Natalia. "Who's Annabel?"

"Our Luna," I respond crossing my arms across my chest again. She watched my actions before doing the same. Sighing, I took her wrist again and dragged her off to my home nodding for her brothers to join us.