Chapter 37 (unedited)

"What?" I exclaim. "These rumours were going around?" Natalia nods. "Have you told Jay about this?"

"No," she says as I stare at her in utter confusion. "I think there rumours, I don't want to scare anyone because of what I was hearing."

"There's a possibility that it could be true Nat."

"Like the rumour of Alpha Thaddeus eating Alpha Brayton's heart?"

"Natalia that's obviously not true, but something like that might be. Imagine if it is true and people die because you didn't tell anyone."

"Okay, I understand. I'm sorry."

"You're going to tell the both of them alright?" Natalia nods and I guide her to Thaddeus and Jay. They were both in our house talking and for once, they both looked happy. They were in the office, not in the living room, for obvious reasons. They both had a cup of coffee in their hands and both looked up as we entered the room.

"Hey," I greet them both.

Jay gives us a short wave in return whereas Thaddeus raises an eyebrow. He always knew when there was something I had to say.

"Sorry to interrupt but we have something important to tell you," I tell them attracting both of their attentions.

I turn to Natalia and nod at her to continue. "When I was a rogue hanging out in the west, there was a rumour going around that a pack wanted to wage war against this pack and bring you down because you're seen as crazy and savage. Not my own words by the way."

The room gets quiet as I turn back to my Mate who doesn't look surprised. Nor does Jay. I wait for them to react in a way but they don't. In fact, Thaddeus takes a sip out of his cup of coffee in silence and Jay purses his lips.

"Please tell me you guys did not know about this until now," I tell them. Thaddeus taps his fingers against his drink. "Thaddeus!"

"We've known for some time Annabel," he says. "It's nothing to worry about."

"What​-how long have you known?"

"A month after your birthday," he explains. "I already know which pack is involved and they are a small group of Wolves: around one hundred and thirty wolves. We have nothing to worry about. If they do try to attack they are asking for the extinction of their pack just like your old pack."

"Why haven't you told me?"

"Like I said, we have nothing to worry about. I didn't want you to worry about something as dull as this. They have no chance."

"But they do have a chance at succeeding," Natalia points out. We all turn to her as she turns her gaze to Thaddeus.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well they took in many rogues from the Blue Bloods pack, and continue to take rogues around their area."

Thaddeus shakes his head. "That doesn't make any sense, according to their files their numbers are the same. I updated the files a month after your birthday," he says turning to me.

Natalia shakes her head. "Well they're lying to you."

The room goes quiet and tense at Natalia's words. "When I was rogue with my brothers we lived with a few rogues near the pack. One day, we saw a few rogues entering the pack and being escorted by none other than the Alpha himself. We tried to listen but all we heard was that they were members from the Blue Bloods pack that escaped your attack.

After that, my rogue group split up because of differences but a few days later, we met up again. There were only two of them and they both died shortly after. They told us that the Alpha of that pack had found them and wanted them to join or die. He thought​ that none of the rogues would make it out alive if they refused so he explained that he was gathering more wolves to help fight against a pack. It could have been any pack but considering this packs reputation and the fact there were Blue Bloods rogues taken in, I would guess it was this pack.