Chapter 11

Annabel's POV

Eunice stepped out from the shadows as I finally got the chance to look at her properly. She was taller than me by a few inches with beautiful braids flowing from the top of her head to her petite waist. Her dark brown eyes somehow glowed as if she was reading through me. Her lips were full and set into a pout. She stood up tall and straight, her posture completely confident. Her dark chocolate skin pulled me in a sort of delicate trance. I could continue to go on but to sum up, she was beautiful.

"Who are you really?" I asked. I had an idea but I needed to hear her say it out loud. 

"The person you've been looking for this entire time," she responded. "I knew there was a reason I was suppose to come out here."

"You're a witch?" I asked hesitantly. 

"I had a gut feeling that something was going to happen tonight and it came true," she smiled, teeth so white and straight. For some reason, I felt a calming effect dawn on me as I gazed at her dark brown eyes. As odd as this seemed, I felt as if I could trust this stranger. 

"Come on," Eunice moved past me. "It's dark out."

"Where are we going?"

"Back to my place," she answered, heading for my car.

Do you feel it? My Wolf asked me. I've only ever felt this calm with our mate.

Me too.

I stared at the mysterious woman completely mystified. Even though this was probably the most idiotic thing to do, I followed. I got into the car with her and together we drove off. I did not remember what we did or when we arrived at Eunice's place. All I know is that when I woke up I was dazed as hell. 

"What the-" I surveyed my surroundings, taking in the average sized bedroom I was in. I felt a panic arise in my chest, a normal reaction nowadays. I was covered in what felt like a duvet made of feathers while laying in the comfiest mattress I had ever slept in. Bright lights streamed through the windows as I tried to register last nights events.  

"Great," I flinched back at Eunice's sudden arrival. "You're awake."

She stood by the door, two cups of steaming coffee in hand. I could tell because the smell drew me to it. Eunice gently handed me one and sat down on the chair, pulled up to the bed. I briefly wondered if she was watching me sleep and how odd that was. 

I discreetly inhaled the drink, unsure if I should be taking drinks from a stranger. It seemed she had read my mind because she scoffed. "Annabel, if I wanted to harm you I would've done it in your sleep."

My wolf agreed with her. From what I could remember she probably had multiple chances to harm me but hadn't. Still, I had to keep a watchful eye. I took a sip of the coffee, surprised she knew exactly how I liked it. 

"Thank you," I muttered. She only nodded, taking a sip of hers. "So..."

"Right," Eunice snapped her fingers. "Down to business."

"So I am a witch." I slowly nodded. I sort of already guessed as much. 

"You called yourself the great Samaritan. Did you know I was looking for you?" My eyes widened the moment a piece of the puzzle clicked in my head. "How did you know my name just now? I never told you."

She suddenly turned sheepish, eyes darting around. She twirled a long braid around her fingers. "I might have snooped through your head when we met."

I was unsure of what to say. What exactly did she mean by that? Could she read my thoughts?