Chapter 8

I was in a room.

Just a plain white room with two doors. No windows nor furniture nor decors. I wondered briefly how long I've been in here. Was this heaven? If so, it was quite damp. It did not meet my expectations at all. How did we get in here? When I got no answer from my wolf, I repeated the question.

No response.

I felt suddenly alone. Her presence was there at the back of my mind but she wasn't responding for some reason.

"How long?"

I flinched at the voice. There was no one else in this box so why could I hear voices?

"I can't give an exact date."

I slowly came up to my full height. This new voice sounded familiar but I couldn't put a finger on it.

"It's been days!"

A feminine voice. I could hear the urgency in her tone. I stepped forward unsure like. I knew my answers would lie on the other side of one of these doors. The voices seemed to be coming from the right door but something drew me to the left. I felt a sense of warmth beckoning me towards it.

"Her scans are looking much better."

"We should have contacted her mate, he'll-"

Mate? I didn't know who they were speaking about but the word mate caught my attention. Where was my mate? Where was Thaddeus? I took a step to the left door. Thaddeus would most likely be there right?

"No."

Was that my answer? I stepped back unsure. I wanted-no, needed to speak to my wolf. She would help me in this case. My gaze shifted from left to right as I felt my impending decision loom over me like a light bulb. Some part of me knew to head to the voices, but I couldn't help but enjoy the sensations coming from the left door.

"Why not? Alpha Thaddeus should know-"

My head swivelled toward the sound of my mates name. What about Thaddeus? What should he know? With one last glance at the left door, I turned away and clasped the silver doorknob. Just as I made contact, an electric shock ran through my body and all of the pieces came together.

"Everyone look!"

I came back down to reality as everything I've endured came falling down like bricks. Thaddeus's curse coming to wake, my brutal beating, my disappearance, the search for Florence, the attack in Canada, and now. I flinched back seeing many different faces in my view.

"Calm down," the werewolf from the hospital. He reached for my head to which I immediately shoved him away. "You have been asleep for nearly three days. I'm just checking your temperature. May I do so?"

"He's our pack doctor," the short black haired lady spoke up. "Let him help sweetheart."

Even the way she talks reminds me of him. My wolf uttered her agreements and I stared slack faced into thin air.

You're okay? I could feel sudden tears brimming my eyelids.

We're okay, she muttered but I could sense she only said so for my benefit.

"You had a brain bleed," the pack doctor explained. "The car crash most likely caused it. But I did spot a head injury from before."

I squinted at the images he was presenting me with. I had no idea what exactly was what but I knew it was a scan of my head.

"You had two seizures when you arrived in Agassiz. The first one happened when you were talking to my Alpha, " he nodded to the quiet silver haired man in the corner of the room. "The second happened while you were asking for Florence."