Chapter 29 (unedited)

Thaddeus's POV

"Where is Annabel?" I demand tightening my hold around the boys neck. He reaches for my hands to try and pry them apart but I won't have it.

"Stop please!" I ignore the pleading voice from his Mate. "Mason!"

"I don't know," he coughs out blood. His face turns red and I enjoy the sight of his suffering. I should have done this before rather than give them mercy.

"Alpha," I turn to Kevin noticing the others have been taken care of. Their bodies along with their blood lay scatter across the underground tunnel that we were in.

Inhaling, I nod and motion for Kevin to grab the female. He grabs her as she steps forward, her face tearstained. Her hands cover her swollen belly and I look away emotionless. Kevin pushes her to her knees where she lays beside her Mate.

"Don't hurt her," coughs Mason. I shake my head and ask them my question again.

"Where is Annabel?" I growl out.

"We don't know," answers his Mate. I turn to her. "We found her wandering around here with another girl and we let them stay here for a few hours. They left right after."

"What girl?"

"I don't know. Her name was Eunice and they said they were exploring."

I take this new information in. "Her smell lingers on you of all people," I point out turning my attention to Mason. His eyes widen and he starts to struggle even more. I let him go and he takes a deep breath in.

"We're leaving," I say, telling the others to wait outside. Richard tends to whoever may be injured.

Turning back to the couple, I narrow my eyes at them. "Do you two know the reason you still breathe?"

The female gulps, an audible sound heard throughout the still underground. I don't wait for them to answer. "Because my Mate convinced me otherwise and saved you two."

I pause and observe their faces. They both had the nerve to look me straight in the eyes. I could tell they had hope for the next day. Stepping closer, I watch fear cross their eyes.

"The problem for you guys now is- she's not here."

Without another word, I Shift and let the beast take over. In a blink of an eye, I slice Masons neck apart. The girl screams in horror and clutches at her chest. I watch as his body falls limp and the sound of two heartbeats are all I hear. Turning my attention back to the female, I growl menacingly at her. She turns her attention to her Mate completely ignoring me. That angers my Wolf and I.

I tear at her stomach relishing in her screams of pain. She clutches onto her stomach and holds her dead Mates hand. I pounce on her stomach yanking out her intestines and when the sound of one heartbeat echoes, I release her as she screams. Finally, I tear her neck apart and watch as she falls into her Mate, limp.

No heartbeats echo at all as I leave the underground compound.

"We will be moving onwards to the location she is in," I tell the group as I arrive, shifting back into human form.

"We'll be a few hours earlier than she said," says Richard as he packs up his things. The rest do the same as well.

"That's fine," I tell him, Shifting back into my Wolf. I turn and stroll away, hearing the rest follow shortly behind.

-

Annabel's POV

My eyes flutter open and I'm alarmed to see it is still dark. Looking at the time beside me, I notice it is only four in the morning. I sigh and fall back into bed. I have no idea why I was awake at this time. Leaning back in bed, I observe the ceiling. Eunice is still asleep as I listen to her constant breathing.