Chapter 13

"What is going on?"

I turned to Eunice, nodding to the car hoping she understood what I needed. Her face contorted into an expression of confusion before she gasped, nodding. In a flash, she had brought forth clothing for me to get into. I shifted on the spot, disregarding my need to shelter myself from prying eyes. From the corner of my eyes I could see the red head shifting, throwing on an oversized shirt. 

"These two crossed into our territory!" The red head suddenly screeched. "I was just doing my job."

"We just have to get to our destination," I kept my gaze levelled with the Beta.

He returned my gaze, eyes briefly glancing down at the mark on my neck. He, like the ginger probably wandered who I was mated to. "This Luna crossed into our territory and told a human about us."

"What pack do you come from?" He seemed to disregard his pack mate. 

"I can't tell at the moment." His eyebrows rose up. 

"Who do you-"

"Quiet down Ginger," the Beta demanded, causing Ginger to cease all noise. At this new information Eunice began giggling. I didn't have to ask why. The reason was already in the air. I sent her a sharp glare, to which she shut up immediately. 

"This is a personal matter and I'll speak only to your Alpha," I urged. "I am on a tight schedule."

"He's absent at the moment," he replied.

"When will he be back?"

"Not for some time," he exhaled, crossing his arms over his chest. He seemed to be in conflict with himself. Part of him wanted this resolved as soon as possible but the other side of him seemed to want to know more. Either way, my future was in his hands right now. "We'll escort you out of our territory."

"What?!" Ginger stood gobsmacked.

"But first-" He shot a warning glare to Ginger, even I felt a shiver up my spine. The colour in her face drained as her gaze shifted downwards in a submissive position. "What is your name?"

"Annabel," I say after a moment of hesitation. "What's yours?"

"Felix."

"Do you mind if we pass now?" Eunice interrupted. She was clearly fed up as was I. Felix turned to his men still lingering in the trees and such. He clearly communicated with them through their mind link because I didn't hear anything said. I watched as some scoured to who knows where, Ginger being one of them as well. Before she turned, she shot me a glare to which my wolf growled in return. I could tell Felix wasn't pleased because he growled softly. His wolf wasn't pleased someone outside of his pack was threatening a member of his own pack. 

"It's time to go," he gestured for us to get back into our car. 

"Were you trying to get yourself killed?" I asked Eunice as we settled into the vehicle. She was behind the wheel again as I sat stiffly in the passenger seat. I was still wary of the wolves around us. 

"She was annoying." I had to agree with that. 

"We were outnumbered," I reminded her. Felix shifted into a silver wolf and motioned for us to follow. We did just that but 

"They wouldn't have attacked a Luna. Isn't that the start of a pack war or something?"

Her words brought back memories of my old packs destruction. The last thing I wanted was another pack war. It would not serve anyone at all. 

I stayed alert as Felix led us out of their pack boundaries. I noticed two black wolves watching us all from a distance but other than that, there were no other pack mates of his. Most of them must have gone back to their pack village wherever that was. Soon enough, Felix's wolf turned to glance at us once before he swiftly bolted into the direction we had just come from.