Chapter 8: Finn

Finn's Point of View

I could see the confusion on Keela's face and wanted to smack the back of Bhaltair's head.

I watched her think about her words before answering.

"I love you, too," she said, "you've always been my family. I've cared about you forever."

Three years we had all spend learning our trades and places in the world, and none of us had spent that time figuring out how to tell the woman we loved that we we wanted to spend our lives with her.

I could see that my way with words was needed.

"Keela," I said, nudging Bhaltair out of the way with my knee, "what Bhaltair is saying so very ineloquently, is that we are in love with you. We have loved you since you were a girl, and now we love you as a woman. We want to marry you. We want you to be our wife."

Keela shook her head back and I felt a sudden niggle of worry.

"That's impossible," she said.

"Idiot!" Ciaran said, slapping the side of my head.

"Stop!" Keela chided, "Ciaran, don't hit Finn. My goodness."

She reached her hands out to me and I took them, helping her stand. She crossing her arms in front of her chest and began to pace, her finger on her lips.

She stopped and looked at me, "When you say, you want me to be your wife. You mean you?"

"No," Cianran said forcefully, "he means us."

Keela nodded shortly, and walked back and forth, "All of you."
"Yes," I answered, hearing sounds of assent from my brothers. I saw her eyes take us all in.

Her face lit up and she clapped her hands together, giving a tiny jump, "Yes!" she answered, "Yes! I love you all so much! I want to be your wife!" 

Ciaran was the first to move, pouncing on her and wrapping her in his arms before taking her mouth with his.

The goat.

I had made this possible, I should have had her first kiss. As soon as he came up for air, I grabbed her arm and spun her toward me. Her pale green eyes shone in the moonlight and I felt overwhelmed with love.

She smiled up at me and that was all it took before I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her tight against me.

Her lips found mine and traced them before shyly touching them with her tongue.

My body went up in flames and I deepened the kiss, running my hands through her hair to hold her head steady while I drank from her mouth. I wanted to kiss her forever, but I knew my brothers were waiting for their turn so I stepped back, letting first one and then another take her in their arms. All of them started with a chaste worship and then ended up in what Brother Francis would call "morally compromising" positions.

Finally she ended up in front of Bhaltair, her hair mussed and her lips beautifully swollen.

I wanted another opportunity with her lips, but held myself back. Bhaltair reached forward with his hand, taking Keela's in his own before lifting it to his lips.

Keela's cheeks flushed and he leaned down, whispering something in her ear before pulling back to look into her eyes seriously.

I couldn't help but feel proud of myself. Later on, I expected all of my brothers to thank me.