Lucky Escape

Guy's knock woke me from a fitful sleep. Yawning, I rose from the bed and made my way over to the door. Unlocking it, I opened it and told Guy I was glad to see him. Except, I had forgotten to ask who it was first. Lord Winchester's servant stood outside. I tried to close the door, but he was quicker, and stronger, than he looked, and forced the door open. I opened my mouth to scream, and he clamped his hand over it while circling the other around my waist. I was too tired to react in a timely manner, and before I knew it he had turned me toward the doorway. The last thing I felt was something hitting the back of my head, and everything went black.

I came to slowly, fighting back the nausea that accompanied my return to consciousness. I was in the back of a covered wagon, my arms tied to the wall behind me. I wasn't gagged or blindfolded, but I was pretty sure no one would hear me scream anyway. As I moved my arms, testing the strength of the ropes that held me, I heard a menacing chuckle. My head ached at the sudden movement I made to look up at the man sitting a foot or so away from me. Lord Winchester. I mentally shook my head to try to clear the cobwebs away, and looked at him warily.

"Well, Lady Gisborne, here we are. But I can guarantee you now that no amount of fighting on your part will keep me from my prize this time." He leered at me and I felt the bile rise in my throat. Guy, I called silently, please find me soon!

He moved toward me, his eyes raking over my figure with an intensity that made me even more ill. The wagon lurched on, not at a leisurely pace, but not very fast, either. His face came close to mine, his breath causing the same reaction in me as before. What did this man eat?!? I quickly forgot about that, however, when a hand came up and tore the top of my nightgown away, revealing my breasts.

I held back tears as he used his hands, and then his mouth, on me, mercilessly mashing them until I wanted to cry out from the pain. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction, though. His hand moved down, forcing its way between my legs. A finger plunged into me, and I bit my lip to keep from crying out. As he continued the violation, his mouth found mine, his tongue plunging roughly inside. I had never felt so helpless.

The wagon came to a sudden stop, and I heard men yelling outside. Guy must have found me! I almost wept with relief, until I saw that this wasn't an interruption, but a challenge for him. He raised up to his knees and forced them between my legs. Bending over me, he undid his pants and his member sprang out. I let out a sob as he pushed my nightgown up to my hips. He leered at me again as he prepared to enter me.

Then he looked surprised and fell sideways, an arrow protruding from his chest. I looked wildly behind him and did weep to see Guy in the doorway. His face changed from furious to concerned in an instant. He took off his cloak as he strode over to me, covering me before releasing my hands from the ropes. I collapsed into his arms.

"Marian," he whispered in a broken voice, "are you ok?" I gulped and nodded my head against his chest. "He didn't -- ?" I shook my head, and he exhaled. Standing up with me in his arms, he strode back outside. I clung to him, my eyes tightly shut against the world. He handed me to someone else - Robin, I realized when he whispered that everything was all right - who then held me back up so Guy could take me on his horse.

We rode back to the house in silence -- I was glad to hear him whisper that we were going there, not to the castle -- his arms securely around me. Once in a while I shuddered, causing his arms to tighten their hold. I snuggled closer, breathing in his scent, and tried not to think about what had almost happened.

He carried me up to bed and laid me gently on it, removing the ruined nightgown and helping me get a new one on. He tucked me in and went in search of some mead, bringing it back and holding it to my lips as I took a few gulps. Then he undressed and crawled in behind me, but I turned and burrowed into him, laying my head on his chest.