Daytime Games

I sat astride him, my back arched, his hands on my hips, urging me faster. We were both breathing heavily from the exertion. The tender kiss had kindled our desire, as always, and turned into passion. In between muttered endearments, the kisses had continued, and our hands began exploring each other. We shifted to give each other better access, and his lips left mine to trail across my jaw and down my throat.

As my desire pooled, molten, in my core, I found it increasingly difficult to stay still. Suddenly I was getting up, moving to sit astride him, taking over the seduction. Now I threw my head back and let the sensations flow through me, as I rocked with him inside me to the hilt. One of his hands moved around to my front, his fingers finding my most sensitive place and taking me to a higher level. His eyes were glazed and his lips were parted with desire.

He stopped me for a moment so he could scoot back in the bed, and suddenly he was sitting up. I leaned toward him and started moving again, and we kissed between breaths. I shuddered and moaned as I came, my hands on the nape of his neck, forehead against his, and felt him respond in kind. I stopped, trying to catch my breath, and ran my fingers down across his shoulders, over his chest, and back up.

"That was lovely, my dear," Guy whispered, his hands caressing my back. I nodded against his forehead, still not able to do much else other than breathe. Suddenly the door swung open, and the Sheriff strode in. Two guards followed him into the room and I gasped in embarrassment. Their cheeks turned as red as mine felt, and they studiously avoided looking anywhere near the bed. Guy would probably throttle them if their eyes strayed anywhere near me.

"Lady Gisborne, you are shirking your duties!" he shouted, but stopped short when he saw me scrambling to get off Guy's lap and under the blankets. Chortling gleefully, he said something crass to Guy, while my cheeks burned even hotter. Then he returned his attention to me. "You are supposed to be in Count Frederick's room already, Lady Gisborne, showing him the attentions you have been so generously showing to your husband," he continued, to my mortification.

"He did not require my services," I replied, averting my eyes. I thought the Sheriff was going to respond, but Guy spoke before he could.

"My wife will be at Count Frederick's door shortly. Now I'll thank you to let us get dressed in private." Guy retorted cooly, putting his arm around me and drawing me close. I hid my face in his shoulder and he brought his other arm around me. The silence stretched out for what seemed an eternity, and Guy kissed the top of my head to help reassure me.

"She had better be fast," The Sheriff finally warned, and strode back out. The guards hastily followed, their footsteps almost comically fast. Guy got up and closed and locked the door behind him, and then returned to the bed.

"Good thing he wasn't any earlier," Guy said amusedly, "or he would have had a show." I groaned and hid under the blanket. He gently pulled it off of me and drew me back into his arms. "Sorry I forgot to lock the door last night. I was concentrating on more...agreeable activities."

"You don't need to apologize, Guy...but he should. I know he never will, but that was so rude, barging in like that!" He gave me his crooked grin, and leaned in to kiss me soundly. I sighed and leaned into him, my hands sliding up his chest. He broke the kiss off and put his forehead against mine.

"That's the Sheriff for you! He did the same thing to me and Davina a few times when we were..." He trailed off, and I looked at him in surprise. He chuckled and continued. "What was most surprising to me was that I seemed much more discomfited than either of them. After she left, I started wondering about that, and whether they had at one time been closer than brother and sister should be." I thought about it, and shuddered.

"What an odd pair of siblings they were!" He nodded his head in agreement.

"In any case, he doesn't seem to notice, or care, what state of dress or undress people are in when he's talking to them. I have become more comfortable with it -- and it helps that you are not his sister. Now you'd better get dressed and over to the Count before he comes back!" I sighed and followed his suggestion. He got dressed too...today was the day Robin would try his luck at the Strong Room, and Guy would do all that he could to help him.