Relaxation

Guy had to come back when it got dark, telling the Sheriff that there was no point in searching for Robin when he couldn't see, if he couldn't find the hideout during the day.  After getting upbraided by the Sheriff he came back to our room, scowling.  I rushed over to help him get undressed and urged him onto the bed for a massage.  His shoulders were tight with frustration, and I worked on them as best I could.  He sighed and closed his eyes, enjoying my ministrations.

"I'm not sure what's more difficult...helping Robin or the Sheriff yelling at me for my 'ineptitude' at not being able to get him, when it's actually because I'm helping him!"  I made little noises of commiseration, and bent down to kiss the nape of his neck.

"I hope your reward helps you overcome your disappointment," I whispered, and resumed kissing.  He moaned softly.

"With you as a reward, my sweet, I would walk through fire," he murmured, and turned under me so he was facing me.  He raised his hands to untie my nightgown, slowly running them over my skin as he pushed it back over my shoulders, guiding it down to pool where our bodies met.  It brought back memories of our wedding night, when he had helped me with my dress.  I had a lot less concern about what was happening now than I had then.  Placing my hands on his chest for support, I lifted up so he could pull it out from between us, and he smiled crookedly up at me.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered reverently, his hands cupping my breasts.  My nipples hardened under the brush strokes of his thumbs, and I let out a barely audible whimper.  He caressed down to my hips and then flipped me to the bed, kissing me with abandon as he entered me.  I gasped with delight, and gasped again as his lips moved, seemingly everywhere at once...my jaw, my throat, and back to my lips.  We were feverish in our coupling, wanting to show each other the depth of our love and attraction, and it wasn't long before our cries reached a crescendo as we found our release.  We lay together afterward, him cradling me in his arms, my hand running over his chest and his over my stomach.

"Your stomach seems a little rounder," he said softly, and I moved my hand down by his.  It did feel...fuller, and I thought about it for a moment.  When was the last time I had gone through my monthly cycle?  Not since before our wedding, I thought, a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth.  He looked at me curiously.

"I think that might be because I am with child," I answered, and his expression changed to shock and then pure joy.

"You are going to have a baby?" he could hardly contain his excitement when I nodded.

"I think so.  It has been a few months since my last cycle."  His boyish exuberance at the news made my heart swell.  Just a few short months ago I wanted nothing to do with him, and now he was my whole world.  To know that he was as happy to have a child as I was filled me with joy.

He gave me a tender kiss, and then pressed a series of kisses along my stomach, returning to my lips and moving his hand back to my stomach to caress it.  The rest of the evening was spent making plans for our baby, and he decided that tomorrow he would tell the Sheriff we were going back to Locksley for a while.  I was overjoyed at the thought of leaving the castle, and seeing my father again.

"I did stop in and see your father while I was...looking for Robin," Guy added, and I smiled gratefully.

"Thank you, Guy.  As always, I love your thoughtfulness."  I traced his jaw with my fingers and he closed his eyes, smiling slightly.

"Robin has put some guards in the forest around your father's house.  They are well hidden, so he should be safe."  I nodded in agreement and snuggled closer, my ear in contact with his chest so I could hear his heartbeat.  Laying my head on his shoulder, I yawned, the long day catching up with me.  He held me tight and pulled the blankets up to cover us.  My eyes drifted closed and I fell asleep without much further ado.