!>> SNEAK PEEK <<!

I sit on my cot, tapping the slightly rusted metal edges to the ticks of my clock. It's been about three days since some hovercraft blew up the place, and I'm still dressed in my business suit.

"Amy?" Dionysus cautiously asks from the other side of the dim room . "Do you think Kat is coming back?"

I reply with a heavy sigh. The moments before the blast are so clear, almost branded into my memory. Kat was preparing a new obstacle for all of the tributes to face, so she left our station a few minutes before. I had decided to check up on a few of them, see how they were doing. My screen took me to the camp of that assassin, Mai Li I believe her name was. Her and her friend Hai Wang were sitting by a fire, the poor man shivering to death.

I was almost tempted to send down a blanket.

As if on cue, small bursts of static would interfere with the screens. This wasn't normal for the technology, it was the best of its kind after all. Esmerelda eventually noticed, and stated that we call the president immediately.

Dionysus and I thought she was crazy as she nervously dialed the number, and instead continued to watch the screens fill with more static. The sounds of vibrations and muffled voices soon filled the speakers, but they too were cut out. Along with the screens themselves.

The two of us were slightly intimidated. While Dionysus tried to reboot the system, I proceeded to look out the window. Perhaps we were encountering a small earthquake. Only Arenas are affected by those kind of things.

But this was no earthquake.

A hovercraft - a Capitol hovercraft even - was flying over the Arena, dropping large boulders in an attempt to crack the tinted glass exterior . Along with that, another hovercraft was coming our way.

I sprinted over to Dio and the now sobbing Esmerelda and hurried them out of the room. We were now sprinting down a long flight of stairs into an area far beneath the ground itself. I yelled Kat's name as we continued going down, but there was no reply. Only stumbled footsteps and a nervous scream.

Once we reached the bunker, I practically shoved the two girls inside before shutting the air tight door behind me. I turned on the main switch, allowing all of the lights to come on in a synchronized wave.

Esmerelda fell onto a nearby cot before shakily sobbing. I too eventually plopped on a cot before opening my laptop anxiously. After a few clicks and codes I had made it to my Arena cams.

All of the cameras inside the Arena were dead, except for one that seemed to be recording the inside of a chasm. From what I could see, there was a fresh corpse... and the remains of that fire.

I then turned to the outdoor cameras, soon taken aback by the damage done in so little time. Within about five minutes, they had managed to drop a bomb, breaking the majority of the glass and leaving what was left of the walls covered in dirt and blood.

My Arena. My reputation. All of the hard work we put into these games. Destroyed.

I quickly close the laptop and push it under the cot. I begin to assume the tributes, and possibly Kateryna, are dead. Dio and Esmerelda can't find out what I saw though. They need to believe hat everything is just... slightly dangerous right now.

" Amy..."

" Hello..."

"Earth to Amy please!"

I am snapped back into reality to be met with a slightly annoyed Dionysus, attempted to hold out a steaming bowl of soup without dropping it. I quietly take it along with a plastic spoon, apologizing for my recent "zone - out" behavior.

It's been easier keeping this secret than I thought it would be.

GAMES START OCTOBER 20th!!!