Task Two: The Trial of The Forest

"Oh Kateryna!" The man calls from the end of the hall.

Despite my insistence of the fact that I have no idea where my fellow comrades went, the man tortured me for an hour until I made up something along the lines of "a tunnel leading to an apartment in the Capitol". Once he went with it, I was immediately knocked unconscious by a shot they surged into my arm.

I awoke this morning in a lime green hospital gown, all cleaned up accept for the dried blood in my nose. The cell is very similar to the chambers used to torture defiant tributes, but instead has a black interior, and it feels more isolating.

This is the third time he came since noon.

He comes across my cell, and makes a spine chilling bang on the metal door before entering. The wrinkles in his aged face become more apparent with a fake smirk.

"Um, hello again?" I say awkwardly. He takes a seat on the "shelf" across from the bed, like he did the past two times.

"Hello again Ms. Styles" The man says casually. "In case you were curious, my team and I will be disguised as people like you, and investigate each apartment until we find your friends. If we don't find what we want, then we will take more... drastic measures until someone pipes up."

I quietly swallow a lump in my throat. It scares me how they are so quick to kill, then again I did that too.

The man stares into my eyes and smiles wider. "Of course, they will be there, right darling?"

I quietly nod. But at the same time, I don't people to die because of my lies.

As the man starts to leave my cell, I interrupt the moment of silence.

"Oh hey, um person?" I say, "Could I just say something really quick?"

The man stops his pace and turns to me. "Why yes."

I feel my heart sink in my chest. "I may have, uh, slightly exaggerated what I said about the location. I still don't , um, really know where they are at the moment."

The man laughs under his breath, then he punches me across my jaw before returning to his position in an instant. I taste blood in my mouth, and it feels like his fist is still on my face.

"By the way love" The man taunts. "You can call me Bartholomew."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome all of you to Task Two! Unfortunately, this is when people start dying...

You and your group have finally left the field where the Arena now withers away into timbers. After a few days, your group has reached the beginning of a great forest. The forest is very wooded, only letting little sunlight peak through the miles of trees.

While trekking through the forest, an abandoned trap from the dark days is set off, sending two syringes into the bodies of two people in the group. With a small laugh, they rip the needles out of their skin and continue to walk with the group.

However, they are unknowing of what is in store for them...

In this task, you need to witness two members of your choosing become slowly affected by the strange liquid that was injected inside them. Not only that, but they will eventually die a slow and painful death, with no antidote to stop or alter it.

All entries must be turned in by Dec 19, 2015 at 10 PM EST. There is no word limit, however I would like to see at least 400 words. Be sure to send them to the address brookenet567(at sign)outlook.com .

Good luck!