Chapter 3

The days at Hogwarts seemed to fly past very quickly
  Soon, it was Christmas.
  Hermione woke up and opened her warm eyes which sparkled with mirth. She looked around her dorm and her chocolate brown eyes landed on a sparkly gold dress. She sighed. Very soon she would be in the same ballroom dancing with Draco, Draco Malfoy.She closed her eyes and tried to imagine that. What would Harry think when he saw this? She thought.
  She changed into her robes and went into Gryffindor common room. Harry and Ron were already there. Harry smiled at her but Ron just frowned. Hermione smiled and waved at Harry and Ron,but Ron just glared back at her
  "Woah,woah what happen?" Harry asked.Ron coughed."Merry Christmas Hermione!"he faked a smile at her trying to let Harry change the topic. "Merry Christmas," Hermione replied. She sat down beside Harry and started on her breakfast.
"I'm going with Ginny to the ball," Harry suddenly said, breaking the awkward silence.
"I know that," Hermione chuckled. "Yeah. But let me warn you, you better not snog my lil' sis at the ball and, don't you dare take advantage of her, she has a reputation. I don't want her to be seen snogging someone in the open. Kay?" Ron told Harry sternly.
"Fine, of course I won't," Harry laughed as he punched Ron softly on his chest. Ron grinned and shifted his gaze to Hermione.
"Hello," a familiar voice said behind them. It was Luna.
"Hey Luna," Hermione's face broke into a grin. She had not seen Luna for a while already.
"Hi," Ron and Harry said in unison with a smile.
"Who are you going with to the ball?" Hermione asked her as Luna settled down beside Hermione.
"Neville," she replied, a faint blush growing up her cheeks.
"Oh, and you don't mind me sitting at the Gryffindor table right?" she quickly added.
"Of course not," Harry replied. Luna grinned and said, "thank you."
"Hey... Ronny baby," another voice called. Hermione looked up saw Lavender Brown wrapping her petite hands around Ron. Ron immediately looked at Hermione and shook his head. Ron fidgeted and moved away from Lavender. Before Lavender could squeeze in beside Ron,  a fellow Gryffindor called out to her. She gave Ron a sloppy, huge kiss right smack on his red lips and winked at him before leaving. Ron wiped his lips awkwardly as he flushed. Hermione, Harry and Luna were all staring at him. He opened his mouth to speak, but closed it soon after.

They handed Hermione her presents and Hermione gave them theirs. Hermione had given them both a new sneakscopes and a locket that has a picture of them three smiling at Hogwarts Express during their first year.They all thanked each other for their gifts and Hermione went back upstairs to open hers.