Chapter 26

Draco's point of view

" I say great minds think alike!" Draco laughed as he fed Hermione a small piece of cake. Draco was at Hermione's 'surprise party'. They agreed to spend the time at both their surprise parties since they spend a lot of effort into making this perfect for both of them.
" I love you." Draco caught Hermione's eyes as he reached for her hand and held it tightly. He doesn't ever want to let go of it. Ever.
Hermione started giggling.
And soon, Draco started too.
"Why... why... are you.... l... laughing..." Hermione poked Draco's side. Draco just grinned and started poking Hermione's weak spot.
"I declare a tickle war!" Hermione squealed as Draco fell on top of her, grabbing her shoulders as he steadied both of them on the couch. Then, he leaned in. The room became extremely quiet. The tickling stopped. The laughing stop. But their hearts were palpitating.
"I love you." Draco tightened his grip on her. Just as Hermione was about to close the remaining gap between them, the door swung open and a loud, familiar voice flooded into the room.
"You bastard!"
Draco whipped his head up and came face to face with a fiery red head.

Ronald Weasley.

Hermione's point of view

Oh My God.

What just happened?

"Ron!" Hermione yelled as she jumped away from Draco, confusion in her eyes.
"I gave you a chance Malfoy! I warned you to stay away from my girl! But I guessed you were too dumb to get anything I say! You just kept going closer to Hermione! She left me for you! We were already getting together when you suddenly appeared! I swear I'll kill you!" Ron pointed his wand straight at a horrified Draco.

"You didn't even treat Hermione the way she is supposed to be treated! Don't think I didn't know! You are going out with Parkinson!" Draco hollered, his face and eyes turned a shocking red.

WHAT! Ron? Pansy?

Hermione didn't even know whether she should be hurt or mad. What did Draco just say? What just happened?

"Even before you started going out with Hermione, you were with Pansy! Two-timer! Don't think you're so mighty! You still have the guts to come back and say I stole your girl?!" Draco spat and rolled his eyes. Although Ron didn't step back, he looked less confident that Draco actually knew his secret.

"What are you talking about!" he bellowed.

"Pansy told me everything!" Draco gritted his teeth.

"That girl!" Ron shook with fury.

Was that really Ron?

Why did he change so much?

"Ron... what happened to-"

"Shut up!"

Hermione jumped as Ron snarled in her face. Her eyes were stinging.

No. I'm certainly not goig to cry. I'm not going to!

"Don't you dare be so rude to her!" Draco yelled, pulling out his wand ans pointed it at Ron menacingly.

"Stupefy!"

Draco's point of view

Everything happened in a flash.

Ron shot a spell right in Draco's face but he didn't got hit.

Instead, Hermione jumped forward and blocked him from the spell. She didn't just fall to the floor after she got hit. She jumped - as Draco mentioned. Hermione flew to the ground and then hit the ground with an astonishingly big impact. Her head collided right into the hard, concrete and she closed her eyes. Ron was beyond shock as he dropped his wand and stumbled backwards. Pansy appeared out of nowhere and they jumped out of the window to escape.
"You!" Draco looked out of the window as the couple hurried out of the school compound and apparated away. Draco hit the window railing so hard it made his hand red. He turned back and stared at the motionless Hermione.

This couldn't be happening.

He ran back to Hermione and his eyes widened in horror as fresh, red blood oozed out from her head.
"Hermione! Hermione Granger! Wake up! You must wake up! You can't just leave me! Hermione!" Draco wailed as he brought Hermione's head to his chest.

What had he done.

It was all his fault.

"If you didn't want to protect me, you wouldn't have... have..."

A wave of giddiness rushed over Draco as he rubbed his head with a groan. His surroundings turned blurry and before he could react, he fell into a labyrinth of darkness.