Chapter 22

Draco's Point Of View

It was two more days to the start of school. And Draco dreaded it so much. He wished he could spent every moment with Hermione as she wanted their relationship to be a secret. He decided to spent every precious second with her favourite- Hermione Jean Granger. He didn't know why he loved her so much. There is so much reasons for it. Too much. He sighed. If only Hermione was a Slytherin. Then, they'd be the perfect pair. But...her character may not be the same if she's in Slytherin, then he may not like her and they might not be together so everything would be so different. He sighed again. Why do people even have feelings? If only we could all turn back time and once again be the young thoughtless children they were. Everything would be so perfect,he thought. What would his parents say if they found out? His mother has enough to worry about already, should he not let his mother worry more? "But...that would mean I have to leave Hermione Granger..." Draco mumbled to himself. "I promised I would never ever leave her. He thought.
Promises are meant to be kept. Don't ever break it,or you will break someone's heart or soul,they might never love again,Draco thought. He did not want to break anyone anymore,the war tore apart many families. He learnt lots of important lessons after the war. We should never take people we love for granted,cherish every happy moment with have with them,they might be gone in the next moment, we should love them now if we can and never leave them till the very end.
He decided that he and Hermione would be forever together till the very end. Draco do not care about what his parents would say anymore. "It's my life, not theirs, I get to choose my own way, my own destiny." he said to himself. He leaned against the soft cushion in his dormitory. How will their future be together? He hoped they'll always get to hang around together, like how a couple will always be. But now, all their relationship could be was a mystery. He wanted very much to protest when Hermione wanted their relationship to be a secret. But is that was what Hermione wanted, he wouldn't want to ruin it and make her pissed off. A sigh left his lips, why was he so in love with that gorgeous, cute, so called 'nerd'?

Hermione's point of view

She bit her lip as she fiddled with her pen. Her body tingled every now and then when she remembered how hers and Draco's skin touched, sending electricity all over her. Draco. The perfect fairy tale for her. Hermione's one and only. A small grin tugged at the sides of her mouth as she remebered how she freaking punched that beautiful face of his in third year. Youch. It must've hurt. Then she thought of when both of them first shared their kiss. Never in her wildest dream would Hermione imagine kissing a Malfoy. But thinking of it, she and Draco had to be distant with each other. It really sucks. She was forced to suggest keeping their relationship a secret. It pained her to see that little, almost unoticeble hurt look that crept up Draco's gorgeous face when she suggested that. Normally, a couple means going everywhere together, holding hands, snogging, never leaving each other's side and lots of cheesy taglines. But hers and Draco's relationship is basically, giving each others stares, scolding each other, 'hating' each other and having nothing to do with each other. But then, the time they would be spending together thrills Hermione so much. She wished Draco wasn't born in the Malfoys. She wished Draco wasn't in Slytherin. She wished Draco haven't been so mean. She wished Draco wasn't a death eater before. She wished Draco hasn't have that dark mark etched on his pale, smooth chest. She wished she saw Draco differently. If only she realised that Draco was actually pure at heart since first year and stayed by his side to change him so he wasn't sure him today. So she could love him openly. But she was tired of all these thoughts swarming in her head. She was tired of all the troubles that have been wasting her time. She's just going to leave them all behind. She loved Draco for who he was. Regardless of his past. Hermione would love him now and always. And forever. She knew Draco does too. And she was satisfied to just know that.