Chapter 15

Draco's point of view

He decided. He was going to apologize to Hermione. He wasn't going to admit he somehow like like her. He was just going to say sorry and they can be friends again. Just friends. Maybe they can't even be friends. If he apologized, at least they won't be enemies. They'll just be schoolmates. He made up his mind and when Madame Pomfrey was not aware, he slipped out of the hospital wing towards the Gryffindor common room.

He was face to face with the fat lady - Gryffondor's common room portrait.
"You're from Slytherin. What are you doing here?" she questioned with a wary look.
"I-" before she could continue, he heard noise. He rushed behind a pillar and stayed there as quiet as a mouse. From the corner of his eyes, he saw the people whom the voice was coming from. It was Longbottom and Lovegood. Why was Lovegood doing here? She was a Ravenclaw right? He shook his head. It was not his business and he didn't have to care. As Neville said the password and the portrait opened, Draco took a quick peek. He must have done it at the wrong moment. The sight that filled his grey eyes felt as if a knife have stabbed him. It was Hermione, kissing Ron. They were kissing. The prortrait held open for a moment and he saw Hermione giggling and lying on Ron's lap. Just as he took a wobbly step forward, the portrait turned and the fat lady filled his eyes. The couple could not be seen anymore. Tears welled up in his eyes. He just saw the girl he liked kissing another guy. Since young, he got everything he wanted. But not now. As he turned to leave, be came face to face with the person be would least wanted to see. Parkinson. She was smirking and she crossed her arm against her chest.
"Hey Dracy," she stepped forward and wrapped her hands around Draco. Their lips crashed as she wrapped her legs around Draco. Draco sighed as he pushed her off. He felt so different. When Pansy kissed him and when Hermione did. They were both girls of the same age, how could they be so different.
"Idiot. You like that mudbood eh?" she emphasized on the word mudblood.
"Don't call her that," Draco almost growled.
"So what? You think I care? The Malfoys are no more respected. If you at least want to keep some face, go out with me," she spat at Draco, pushing him against the wall.
"I'd rather go out with a piece of shit!" he yelled. Pansy turned red with fury as she dumped Draco on the floor.
"You're weak. You're no more charismatic. All you are now is a weakling. Weakling!" she yelled at him, kicking him with all her might. He was a weakling. He was no more powerful. He didn't even fight back. He didn't even care. He was broken and he never could be fixed back anymore. But how could he just let that Parkinson insult him?
"Enough!" he yelled with his deep booming voice.
"Stop following me! Stop appearing in front of me!" he spat at a stunned Pansy.
"You... you..." she snarled at Draco.
"One more time I look at your idiotic face, I'll puke!" With that, he ran. He ran away. He ran straight. He didn't care where he end up. He just wanted to go. But he could hear Pansy at his back. Making a turn, he raced towards the Forbidden forest. He just needed to have some peace. Where there is no other human being. But to his horror, he heard Pansy say it.
"Stupefy!"
With a jerk, he felt his body went limp. He was hit by the curse. With one last look at his surrounding, he fell into a labyrinth of darkness.