Chapter 21

Hermione's point of view

"We're official... right?" Hermione confirmed as they neared the Great Hall, hand in hand.
"We are right?" Draco asked, slightly unsure. They already had stares from a couple of Ravenclaws and Hufflepufs and one or two young Gryffindor and Slytherins.
"How 'bout we go... um.. Hogsmeade for lunch?" Draco suggested.
"Nah, I think we should just stay here and sit together," Hermione said, her grip on Draco's hand tighten as they stepped into the Great Hall. Granger, stay calm. You can handle all this attention, right? Hermione said in her head. I guess... not. She replied herself. She and Draco seemed to think the same way because they both released their hands no sooner.
"I think I'll go to the Slytherin table."
"I think I'll go to the Gryffindor table."
Both said at the same time.
"Yeah." They said in unison again and separated.

Hermione tried to handle the stares and gossips around them. There was hushed whispers of people shipping them.
"Dramione, they looked so cute!"
"Slythedor, aw... they are bold to get together!"
Hermione could hear them from every direction. Luckily, Ginny was by her side. Talking to her non stop in a nothing-had-happened manner, trying to block out the chatter.
"Gin, what to I do?"
She was at a total loss. They should have totally kept their relationship a secret.
"Hey people." A loud voice boomed across the hall. It was Draco. Hermione burried her face in her hands as she went red. It was so embarrassing. If someone said Draco, someone else would surely bring up Hermione. Vice Versa. Now Draco was talking to the everyone in the hall, and all they could think about is his gonna make a love confession to Granger.
"Let me make this clear. There is nothing going on with me and Granger -" he stole glances at Hermione.
"- we had a dare, that's all."
"The dare is by my best mate, Blaise and also Ginny -" he looked at the two and sent them 'messages' to help.
"-right?"
"Yeah." Ginny and Blaise said together. Then, Draco walked all the way to the other side of the hall and out of it. Eyes were at Hermione now. Hermione sucked in a breath of air and stood up, going out of the hall from the other exit that Draco left. She couldn't stay there any longer.

Draco's point of view

Gosh, I did it. I hope they stop festering Hermione. Draco thought, a little frustrated.
"Bae," a voice called. Draco spun around and spotted her. Hermione. He didn't know whether he should feel angry or happy.
"Yeah?" he asked, walking towards her.
"R.O.R."
With that, Hermione hurried away. R.O.R meant room of requirement. Draco ran a hand through his hair and headed over immediately.

"Bae," Hermione hugged Draco as soon as he entered the room.
"What do we do?" she cried, desperate. She was actually crying.
"Bae, don't cry, please. It hurts me you know," Draco said in a gentle voice. Hermione wiped of her tears and stared into Draco's stormy grey eyes.
"What do we do?" she asked, slightly softer this time.
"We keep our relationships a secret, we can meet up here, or Hogsmeade, or-" Hermione placed her fingers on his sweet lips.
"Okay," she said then kissed him. It was just a normal, couple kiss. But there was so much that couldn't be expressed in that kiss. They pulled away after a minute.
"-or Malfoy Manor." Draco finished.
Did I just ask Mione to go with me to the Malfoy Manor?
"I...you want to go there? Malfoy Manor?" Hermione asked, drawing circles on his chest.
"That was just a suggestion," Draco blushed.
"How bout' we just stay here?" Hermione said, her hands interlocked with Draco's. They sat down on the couch and Hermione sat on his lap like a parent carrying her child. Except, much more romantic. She wrapped her hands around his neck and kissed his cheek. She lay on him and he stroked her hair softly.
"Can we just stay here? Like this?" Hermione requested, snuggling into his arm.
"I'd love too."